DJ Muggs & MF DOOM “Deathwish” feat. Freddie Gibbs Ltd to 300

1 hour ago, B-dosia said:

Temptetute  of the room who says that ? Your such a tool buddy. I see your lame ass posts every day , probably to make up for your lack of friends or a life of any type. Go play Magic the Gathering and quit bothering me kid.

Damn, dude. Get upset over nothing much?

No reason to get so hostile, I was genuinely hoping you'd find someone to trade with you over on Reddit because the hip hop fans over there would probably be all over that shit.

Maybe chill out a little.

Two fairly dope songs/verses from DOOM, and the features are especially dope. The beats are a little boring for Muggs, but at least he's back to hip hop and sampling. His last project with Meyhem was really good. Would love to have gotten something a little more upbeat/uptempo for DOOM to flow on, he sounds a little weird rapping so slow. 

Either way I drunk ordered one of the $50 singles, damn it. Might have to flip it, or wait until all artists pass on, granted I make it past them, and make a killing.

2 hours ago, B-dosia said:

Nobody wants to listen to your negative shit day after day. I like DOOM, so what I don’t remember asking for your opinion. How bout you go hang out on Reddit , maybe you’ll find a friend or a life

2 hours ago, B-dosia said:

Temptetute  of the room who says that ? Your such a tool buddy. I see your lame ass posts every day , probably to make up for your lack of friends or a life of any type. Go play Magic the Gathering and quit bothering me kid.

Haha is your rage causing your illiteracy or is that just why you don't understand him? :lol:

<trigger warning> 

I am going to ask a question about possible purchase or trade related to the item in the title of this thread.

I'm interested in purchasing or trading for one of the copies that was screened live at the rappcats event.

Bought multiple copies of all the other variants, except for the obi. I could justify spending 50 bucks for 2 DOOM tracks but another 50 for a strip of paper? That's a bridge too far.

Willing to trade some records or cash or combination of both.

Yeah, I'll try reddit too.

24 minutes ago, got PTSD from RSD said:

<trigger warning> 

I am going to ask a question about possible purchase or trade related to the item in the title of this thread.

I'm interested in purchasing or trading for one of the copies that was screened live at the rappcats event.

Bought multiple copies of all the other variants, except for the obi. I could justify spending 50 bucks for 2 DOOM tracks but another 50 for a strip of paper? That's a bridge too far.

Willing to trade some records or cash or combination of both.

Yeah, I'll try reddit too.

I ordered 5, I asked them for one of each variant but if they give me doubles instead I'm willing to sell or trade.

47 minutes ago, JustSchwimmer said:

I ordered 5, I asked them for one of each variant but if they give me doubles instead I'm willing to sell or trade.

Cool, but I think the one screened at the event was slightly different than those 5 (or at least a different colorway) and also Muggs signed them.

Unless you mean you ordered during the second window when they put that specific variant up.

If you like. Doom  don’t be shy cuz a few wanna be JR  mods think it s bad choice. F them , do you. I mean I don’t say anything when their talking about their 3rd eye blind and nickelback albums. There about 4-5 A- holes on here who ruin it for the rest of us who just wanna talk Vinyl and not be persicuted for it. They think they the authority on what’s good and what’s bad.  Bunch of nerds giving their opinion when no body cares or asked them , their just trolls who have no life besides VC. And yes my spelling is off at times, that the best u got.I type on a phone mistakes happen . I just don’t understand  why you think your word is gospel , when really their just a bunch of douchebags with zero life besides this forum. Don’t talk to or about me unless l ask you somethin boy. Maybe try talking to girls in your extra time instead of sitting at a keyboard all day. 

Oh and I have you losers my ignore/block duchebag list so talk all you want. Nobody’s listening. Have a nice life your a pompous ass who nobody on here likes you, because you attack them for everything. Word of advice worry about your own life, maybe you will get somewhere , like out your parents basement

1 hour ago, B-dosia said:

If you like. Doom  don’t be shy cuz a few wanna be JR  mods think it s bad choice. F them , do you. I mean I don’t say anything when their talking about their 3rd eye blind and nickelback albums. There about 4-5 A- holes on here who ruin it for the rest of us who just wanna talk Vinyl and not be persicuted for it. They think they the authority on what’s good and what’s bad.  Bunch of nerds giving their opinion when no body cares or asked them , their just trolls who have no life besides VC. And yes my spelling is off at all times, that the best u got.I type on a phone mistakes happen . I just don’t understand  why you think your word is gospel , when really their just a bunch of douchebags with zero life besides this forum. Don’t talk to or about me unless l ask you somethin boy. Maybe try talking to girls in your extra time instead of sitting at a keyboard all day. 

Fixed.

Honestly though this has gone past funny. I'm genuinely disturbed you exist. Carry on.

3 hours ago, B-dosia said:

If you like. Doom  don’t be shy cuz a few wanna be JR  mods think it s bad choice. F them , do you. I mean I don’t say anything when their talking about their 3rd eye blind and nickelback albums. There about 4-5 A- holes on here who ruin it for the rest of us who just wanna talk Vinyl and not be persicuted for it. They think they the authority on what’s good and what’s bad.  Bunch of nerds giving their opinion when no body cares or asked them , their just trolls who have no life besides VC. And yes my spelling is off at times, that the best u got.I type on a phone mistakes happen . I just don’t understand  why you think your word is gospel , when really their just a bunch of douchebags with zero life besides this forum. Don’t talk to or about me unless l ask you somethin boy. Maybe try talking to girls in your extra time instead of sitting at a keyboard all day. 

It’s important that you watch this. There is a difference between a typo and not understanding the fundamental difference between three words that sound the same.

OK, I’ll get back to not talking to girls in my parents’ basement now.

2 hours ago, dantheriver said:

It’s important that you watch this. There is a difference between a typo and not understanding the fundamental difference between three words that sound the same.

OK, I’ll get back to not talking to girls in my parents’ basement now.

Damn, I just thought those were different variants of the same word.

And to think I spent an extra $50 on they're for the bonus apostrophe.

Listen up you bunch of a-hole JR mods! Clearly none of us even remotely enjoys MF DOOM because we'criticized these two lackluster songs and don't feel like spending $50 on a single.

Go back to your parents' basements and stop ruining everything for gatorpridesonnn (I have a new theory on who he is).

On a serious note, if this guy actually thinks I was attacking him he must have a real persecution complex, because that's insane.

Edited by Ishtar

Back to the music. Are these tracks confirmed to be on an DOOMxMuggs upcoming full length? I wouldn't be too upset if they didn't make it, but I won't be surprised if they make the cut but end up being two of the weaker tracks.

Assassination Day is the track of these two I prefer, but even on that there's still something off. I wish there was more of DOOM's style to the beats; there just isn't enough going on in the background to carry the rapping that's happening. DOOM's stuff especially comes off almost more spoken word than rap, and it feels like he's holding himself back too much because of the weak beat and because of the pace of the song and he's not usually a super fast rapper anyway.

Edited by Ishtar

46 minutes ago, Ishtar said:

Back to the music. Are these tracks confirmed to be on an DOOMxMuggs upcoming full length? I wouldn't be too upset if they didn't make it, but I won't be surprised if they make the cut but end up being two of the weaker tracks.

Assassination Day is the track of these two I prefer, but even on that there's still something off. I wish there was more of DOOM's style to the beats; there just isn't enough going on in the background to carry the rapping that's happening. DOOM's stuff especially comes off almost more spoken word than rap, and it feels like he's holding himself back too much because of the weak beat and because of the pace of the song and he's not usually a super fast rapper anyway.

I share the criticism but the tracks have grown on me a bit as all of DOOM's stuff tends to do. 

I didn't really like Death Wish until I watched the  music video.  Mostly because, like you said the beat is too simplistic. But the video brought it to another level for me. Hoping they do the same for Assassination Day, because the end of the video has that "to be continued..." vibe.

I'm probably the wrong measuring stick though. After The Missing Notebook Rhymes got scrapped and never got a physical release, I've been craving more DOOM so I would have bought it blind just to support.

29 minutes ago, got PTSD from RSD said:

I share the criticism but the tracks have grown on me a bit as all of DOOM's stuff tends to do. 

I didn't really like Death Wish until I watched the  music video.  Mostly because, like you said the beat is too simplistic. But the video brought it to another level for me. Hoping they do the same for Assassination Day, because the end of the video has that "to be continued..." vibe.

I'm probably the wrong measuring stick though. After The Missing Notebook Rhymes got scrapped and never got a physical release, I've been craving more DOOM so I would have bought it blind just to support.

I'm sure they will on the videos, seems like the two songs actually run together into each other.

To each their own, man. For the record I never said anyone shouldn't buy this, just that it seemed like no one who had posted in here previously had.

If I collected singles and stuff I probably would have broken down and grabbed it, but I'll have to just be content with collecting his full lengths. If I ever come across a VV:2 for ~$50ish or less I'll be all set. Homeboy wanted to make it seem like I straight up don't like DOOM because I had criticisms, but I'm actually a relatively avid collector of his stuff and listen to him regularly. 

Edited by Ishtar

• 2 years later...