PO: S U R F I N G - "INCUBO™" LP

That preview cut doesn't immediately stir my innards the way Deep Fantasy did. But I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. Ordered. I'm glad they've steered back toward their earlier sound. Chrome was an ear sore.

EDIT: Holy cow, I just saw that the b/c page is referring to this as their "second album". Revisionist history at it's finest right there.

Edited by docbronze

14 hours ago, docbronze said:

EDIT: Holy cow, I just saw that the b/c page is referring to this as their "second album". Revisionist history at it's finest right there.

That's funny, I totally forgot about Chrome. But I remembered they'd released something else that I didn't like, that didn't really sound like Deep Fantasy, so I was pleasantly surprised by the new track.

31 minutes ago, ratbrain said:

That's funny, I totally forgot about Chrome. But I remembered they'd released something else that I didn't like, that didn't really sound like Deep Fantasy, so I was pleasantly surprised by the new track.

I'm happy with it, too. Certainly happy enough to be optimistic about the full album. From the b/c description, it's clear that they aren't trying to recreate Deep Fantasy and that's okay. I believe there are fewer/different musicians in the band now, too. There was an article from a while ago (post-Chrome) discussing personnel changes and, if memory serves, the scrapping of an entire LP in an attempt to find their way back to the musical center they had on DF. I cannot find it no, but I'm almost entirely positive I didn't just make all this stuff up.