Jimi Hendrix “Axis Bold as Love” Mono UHQR Pressing

Missed the pre-order on the Acoustic Sounds website. I was “on the fence” because of the price.

However, I finally decided I would like to “experience” the Mono mix of this album from what is supposed to be the best pressing of this album out there. (Except maybe a near mint original UK Track issue?)

Saw this today and ordered:

http://www.bullmoose.com/p/27561468

While the listing states they are “unsure” whether they are actually going to receive them, does anyone know where I can pre-order a copy of this that is likely to be delivered?

18 hours ago, Plarocks said:

Missed the pre-order on the Acoustic Sounds website. I was “on the fence” because of the price.

However, I finally decided I would like to “experience” the Mono mix of this album from what is supposed to be the best pressing of this album out there. (Except maybe a near mint original UK Track issue?)

Saw this today and ordered:

http://www.bullmoose.com/p/27561468

While the listing states they are “unsure” whether they are actually going to receive them, does anyone know where I can pre-order a copy of this that is likely to be delivered?

I think your best bet will be to email Acoustic Sounds directly and ask if they are doing any traditional distribution for this release. My understanding is that these are 100% sold out, but I am basing that on what I've read online. Reach out to AS for confirmation.

2 minutes ago, GrapplesInStereo said:

I think your best bet will be to email Acoustic Sounds directly and ask if they are doing any traditional distribution for this release. My understanding is that these are 100% sold out, but I am basing that on what I've read online. Reach out to AS for confirmation.

Good idea. I was also thinking of contacting them a bit closer to release date to see if they have any extras, cancelled orders, etc.

I do have the Bull Moose order in. Worst case scenario, I will have an extra $110 in record money to spend in September. :P

• 1 month later...
On 6/24/2018 at 4:43 PM, Plarocks said:

Good idea. I was also thinking of contacting them a bit closer to release date to see if they have any extras, cancelled orders, etc.

I do have the Bull Moose order in. Worst case scenario, I will have an extra $110 in record money to spend in September. :P

They are also claiming a 8/3 ship date. 

Edited by whosnotwo

• 7 months later...
On 3/23/2019 at 1:20 AM, Pure Phase Girl said:

Would anyone have a spare mono pressing of this they would wish to sell to me?

Go to Acoustic Sounds' Facebook page, they have 25 copies they are going to give away to 25 winners they choose from the comments based sharing your favorite personal Hendrix memory - fave song, concert, album, whatever. You don't have to have been alive when Hendrix was obviously, to have a fave track or album.

Worth a shot!

I ordered a Mono from acoustic sounds. I emailed them last week asking for a shipping update and haven’t gotten a reply. Idk if there even is an official release date at this point, there have been so many delays. Reviews are popping up now, so it’s gotta be coming soon. 

I'm in the UK so email is preferred and should be fine.

I'm just not getting through. I've now sent 5 emails and only had 2 replies to which have not answered my question and even though I've replied they have not been answered to.

Are they a reputable company?

Is there anywhere else I can buy this from which I'm missing out on?

Yes the are reputable. They are putting out the title you are after, which includes mastering, plating, and pressing it. They've been pressing audiophile titles at their pressing plant QRP for years. Highly regarded like MOFI.

The mono edition is sold out. Has been for some time. You missed the bus.

The stereo version is available:

https://store.acousticsounds.com/d/130940/The_Jimi_Hendrix_Experience-Axis_Bold_As_Love-UHQR_Vinyl_Record

That UHQR Mono edition of “Axis..” sold out less than a month after they annouced it last year. :blink:

Surprised me that they did that at $100 a pop!

Something tells me they may make more in the future....but a LOT of Absolute Analogue pressings they made in the past have not been repressed.

(The Dylan “Blood On the Tracks” is EXCELLENT BTW. :))

But those were NOT $100.

Edited by Plarocks

17 hours ago, Pure Phase Girl said:

Well, I'm sorry chaps but after numerous emails to Acoustic Sounds I have to say from my experience:

DO NOT BUY FROM THEM

They are not worth the hassle.

Useless customer support, useless international purchasing support. Useless website.

Agreed, at least when it comes to how they treat their international clients. Wanted to buy a couple of thousand inner sleeves. Got a reply 4 days later. Never mind, bought somewhere else.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...