PO: Alice in Chains-Rainier Fog (Aug. 24th)

1 minute ago, kannibal said:

I’m interested in the standard pressing. Probably just get it locally. 

The release just about breaks even, though, as every point lost for the poncho, is made up for by the fact that this isn’t picture disc only, like the last album.

Very true.  I liked the last album (aside from the fact they've only played 3 songs from it).

16 minutes ago, faithnomorediscography.com said:

http://eurostore.warnermusic.com/uk/rainier-fog-b-w-splatter-2xlp-digital-bundle.html

Dunno how much international shipping will be tho. x

See, would it be so hard to do that for US fans?

Looks like it would be about $55 shipped, give or take, I think.

Edited by kramer73

19 minutes ago, Gippej said:

Agree with everyone here about the lame bundles, AIC are one of my favorite bands of all time so hopefully there is a way to get the splatter or something else later. If not, I'll wait to find a cheap standard black down the road. Looking forward to the album nevertheless 

Almost went for the Euro store, but didn't.  Oh well.  I'm not sure if they meant that the splatter was limited to the band store, or that all vinyl was limited to the band store.  I haven't seen this pop up yet anywhere else.

AIC is one of the few bands that lose their singer and still sound good. I know it’s mostly do to Jerry but it worked. When I read this was coming out, I couldn’t help but think it’s time to hang it up, or at the least a name change. Don’t get me wrong I was/am a big STP fan but their some bad  juju around them. Def an easy pass for me.

7 hours ago, seku said:

there was one with test pressing.. really cheap, in fact.

Yeah that didn't make any sense to me - the bundle with the test pressing was $5 cheaper than the signed bundle that doesn't come with a TP.  $90 was a fair price for all of that stuff so I probably would have jumped on it. Saw it too late, though (apparently was /15).

Yeah, that test pressing bundle was a bargain if the test was really limited to only 15. I'm always skeptical about some of these numbers that seem unreal. I feel like that bundle was available when I saw the page and I just ignored even reading the details. Oh well, I got my separate splat and am happy.