PO: Alice in Chains-Rainier Fog (Aug. 24th)

4 hours ago, suzycreamcheese said:

FYI, splatter vinyl is now available outside of the bundles as a standalone item. Free shipping over $50 or 60 it looks. https://aliceinchains.warnermusic.com/music/vinyl.html

Thank you, glad I waited this one out. I do agree this was a shitty move on their part, maybe it was selling poorly in the bundles?

So like I’m pretty sure I just got the last splatter. I had one in my cart and was about to check out but said shit my homie will probably want one so might as well get free shipping so I went back to add another one and said it wasn’t available. So I checked out with the 1, got email confirmation and went back to see and sho nuff, it’s sold out. Fingers crossed it doesn’t get canceled. The snippets they posted on IG of all the songs actually sound pretty solid.

My splatter just arrived! Pretty excited to get this on release day, especially since I couldn't get tickets to the secret show in Seattle at The Crocodile tonight because of work. The record was shipped UPS next day air and arrived with no damage (no shipping confirmation beforehand btw). Pretty impressed.

23 minutes ago, morfiend said:

My splatter just arrived! Pretty excited to get this on release day, especially since I couldn't get tickets to the secret show in Seattle at The Crocodile tonight because of work. The record was shipped UPS next day air and arrived with no damage (no shipping confirmation beforehand btw). Pretty impressed.

Mine arrived this morning before 10am. Next day air shipped as well, although they did send me a shipping notice once it was sent. Can't wait to spin it when I get home from work! If you're able to post a pic or two that would be sweet!

Edited by zackdumbass

1 minute ago, morfiend said:

I’m listening to it now, if I have time I’ll post a pic later if someone hasn’t already. Btw it is NOT a gatefold.

I don't think it was advertised as such (as far as I know), but that is still a little disappointing. How does it sound? I was a little surprised when I saw it was 180g splatter.

7 minutes ago, VinylMario said:

I never even noticed that there was no gatefold mentioned! I figured it was a given...

Mine is coming from Euro store. So won't see it for awhile

Same here, just thought I’d mention it for those curious. So far the record sounds really good but I’m no audiophile with a crazy expensive setup or anything. 

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, VinylMario said:

Finally received my Euro order. I don't understand why this wasn't a gatefold... Nonetheless... I'm so happy I ordered! These are beautiful! Gonna clean them and listen to them this weekend!

I got bad pops in mine. possibly just needs a good clean, interested in how yours sound.

I've been listening to Rainier Fog a lot, I really like it and the vinyl sound great. The only song I can't get into is "Drone", which is odd because when I read a description of it I figured it'd be right up my alley. I think I like this album more than TDPDH but not sure on BGWTB, gotta give that one another listen soon.

On 9/4/2018 at 1:05 PM, KingTacoMunster said:

I got bad pops in mine. possibly just needs a good clean, interested in how yours sound.

Welp. Gave it a good cleaning and I believe this is very well pressed copy. Buttery smooth in the quiet parts and nice and bassy where it needs it. I particularly payed attention to "All I Am" because of what ntslash said, but I couldn't find any parts that were "unlistenable". But I did notice some noise close to the end of the song. Kinda like I didn't clean off the fluid very well, so I cleaned it again and gave it a rinse with distilled water and that cleared up. BTW, this is a very moving song. Great way to end this great album! 

I think they just need a cleaning. I did see bits of paper before I cleaned them. I also took a magnifying glass, lol because I noticed some imperfections in the splatter and realized that there's a bit of red splat in the second disc, which is the white splat. But other than that, it's a nice pressing. Hope that helps

55 minutes ago, lexicondevil said:

Got my copy from the Euro store packed in their typical shitty Euro cardboard and the cover is all bent to shit, so much that it ripped. The records also look warped. Haven't spun it yet, just pissed.

That sucks dude I'm sorry for that. I know how long you waited. I also ordered from there. And for it to arrive like that... Just sucks... Have you contacted the Euro store about that? I'm sure they can help.

3 hours ago, VinylMario said:

That sucks dude I'm sorry for that. I know how long you waited. I also ordered from there. And for it to arrive like that... Just sucks... Have you contacted the Euro store about that? I'm sure they can help.

Yeah, I'm wondering what they will do. I would actually have more faith in something being done if it were a smaller label. I guess we will see. I buy so many records and this rarely happens, so I guess I can count myself lucky.