PO: Alice in Chains-Rainier Fog (Aug. 24th)

6 hours ago, lexicondevil said:

Got my copy from the Euro store packed in their typical shitty Euro cardboard and the cover is all bent to shit, so much that it ripped. The records also look warped. Haven't spun it yet, just pissed.

Mine arrived immaculate. Maybe it getting shipped half way round the world busted it into shit.

Edited by Spintheblackcircle

On 9/9/2018 at 2:01 AM, VinylMario said:

Welp. Gave it a good cleaning and I believe this is very well pressed copy. Buttery smooth in the quiet parts and nice and bassy where it needs it. I particularly payed attention to "All I Am" because of what ntslash said, but I couldn't find any parts that were "unlistenable". But I did notice some noise close to the end of the song. Kinda like I didn't clean off the fluid very well, so I cleaned it again and gave it a rinse with distilled water and that cleared up. BTW, this is a very moving song. Great way to end this great album! 

I think they just need a cleaning. I did see bits of paper before I cleaned them. I also took a magnifying glass, lol because I noticed some imperfections in the splatter and realized that there's a bit of red splat in the second disc, which is the white splat. But other than that, it's a nice pressing. Hope that helps

Mine sounded pretty clean as well.  I was ready for noise during "All I Am", but was pleasantly surprised to hear none.

• 5 years later...
On 12/8/2023 at 12:37 AM, faaip de oiad said:

Rainier Fog Smog Color Variant

Amazon

Looks like it’s getting a wide repress, which is cool because I sold my first press a while ago.

Milky Clear:

https://shop.aliceinchains.com/collections/new-to-the-shop/products/rainier-fog-milky-translucent-vinyl