PO NOW: LVL UP - Space Brothers Reissue

LVL UP's debut album, SPACE BROTHERS, now remastered and with new artwork. On vinyl for the first time since its initial release. This reissue includes an immediate download of SPACE BROTHERS, and 15 demos + b-sides of the album.

*Note* Vinyl release only plays SPACE BROTHERS, while cassette includes the album as well as demos + b-sides. All orders receive digital version of all tracks.

http://dbldblwhmmy.limitedrun.com/products/620966-lvl-up-space-brothers-reissue

$14.25 shipped for a cassette. Takes me back to the days of browsing through my local Sam Goody at CDs and tapes priced at $15-20.

That premium price is keeping me from ordering immediately but hopefully I can stumble across a cheaper copy out in the wild or on sale.

Edited by swb

6 minutes ago, swb said:

$14.25 shipped for a cassette. Takes me back to the days of browsing through my local Sam Goody at CDs and tapes priced at $15-20.

That premium price is keeping me from ordering immediately but hopefully I can stumble across a cheaper copy out in the wild or on sale.

Right? There's a label I like called "Z-Tapes" that some unique stuff but they price at €9, plus shipping from Slovakia...

Although this cassette does have like 20+ tracks so hard to judge.

2 minutes ago, MCDELTAT said:

Right? There's a label I like called "Z-Tapes" that some unique stuff but they price at €9, plus shipping from Slovakia...

Although this cassette does have like 20+ tracks so hard to judge.

Yeah. If I really really wanted a specific tape, like say that first Trace Mountains tape, I'd gladly pay $15 for it. But, as a baseline standard price and for releases I'm less obsessed about, it seems a little steep.

40 minutes ago, ✦ S U N S H I N E ✦ 日 光 ♡♡ said:

Tapes are dumb but there is a massive quality difference between a self-dubbed $5 tape and a professionally done one. 

I agree in the quality difference between those two options. A professionally done $5-6 tape with $3-4 shipping is where it's at, IMO.

When I get tapes I usually buy in bulk direct from a label and take advantage of sales/bundles/labels that price low all the time, so most every tape I've ever bought brand new has been an average of $4-6 with shipping factored in.

All that said, labels make more money charging $10 for a tape and $5 for shipping and indie labels having more money is a good thing. If you're a big LVL UP fan and really like this album, grab that tape!

6 hours ago, ✦ S U N S H I N E ✦ 日 光 ♡♡ said:

Tapes are dumb but there is a massive quality difference between a self-dubbed $5 tape and a professionally done one. 

Also this lol. There was a window of maybe 6? Months where I didn't have my tape player set up so I didn't actually listen to any of the tapes I bought during that window. Went back and listen to 2 from Ronald Records, and boy are they bad. Like the mp3s sound way better than the tape, super quiet, super fuzzy. eww. Since I work at a TV station with good Audio Signal Chain I was debating just running the mp3s over the tape again to make mine better than the others lol.

43 minutes ago, MCDELTAT said:

Also this lol. There was a window of maybe 6? Months where I didn't have my tape player set up so I didn't actually listen to any of the tapes I bought during that window. Went back and listen to 2 from Ronald Records, and boy are they bad. Like the mp3s sound way better than the tape, super quiet, super fuzzy. eww. Since I work at a TV station with good Audio Signal Chain I was debating just running the mp3s over the tape again to make mine better than the others lol.

Throughout the years I've thrown a few bucks towards artists I like that don't press vinyl and as cool as the $4 splatter cassettes with hand made casings are... I haven't bothered replacing my tape deck that finally crapped out.

They pressed this on vinyl though hell yeah.

• 10 months later...