PO NOW: Tides of Man- Every Nothing

https://athousandarms.store/products/tides-of-man-every-nothing-2xlp

Every Nothing by Tides of Man releases August 3rd, 2018.

140-160g vinyl with gatefold cover.  Vinyl variants include Aqua Blue/Milky Clear A Side/B Side with Oxblood Splatter (80 copies), Bone/Black A Side/B Side (200 copies), Ultra Clear with Orange Splatter (200 copies), or Bone (200 copies).

10 minutes ago, pmlevine said:

https://athousandarms.store/products/tides-of-man-every-nothing-2xlp

Every Nothing by Tides of Man releases August 3rd, 2018.

140-160g vinyl with gatefold cover.  Vinyl variants include Aqua Blue/Milky Clear A Side/B Side with Oxblood Splatter (80 copies), Bone/Black A Side/B Side (200 copies), Ultra Clear with Orange Splatter (200 copies), or Bone (200 copies).

Did they take it down?  I'm gunning for that /80.

Just now, Buffbloom said:

Maybe the price will change when they re-list it.  Did they advertise this on social media or did someone just stumble across it?  Wonder if they just jumped the gun a little.

Those pg.lost records are $30 in their store, so I doubt it.

I don't think the band has announced it yet, so that's probably why it was pulled.

18 minutes ago, highfives said:

Those pg.lost records are $30 in their store, so I doubt it.

I don't think the band has announced it yet, so that's probably why it was pulled.

That price is for 2xLP imports though.  I'm sure it will sell out anyway, A Thousand Arms does not fuck around on quality.  If ever there was a label who's stuff was worth that, it's A1KA. 

5 minutes ago, whoa said:

I'm playing catch up here - I've only ever heard Dreamhouse - and now need to listen to Young And Courageous: did they drop the singer (wasn't really into his vocals) or has he melded into the band and decided no singing? What year is it?

Tilian left them high and dry because he sucks and now he's the singer of a band that sucks.

Edited by THE_James_Champ

10 minutes ago, THE_James_Champ said:

Tilian left them high and dry because he sucks and now he's the singer of a band that sucks.

GOOD. Dreamhouse had some fiddly diddly riffs on it, but the vocals made it sound samey and run of the mill post-hardcore. I'm waaay into this more now.

1 hour ago, whoa said:

GOOD. Dreamhouse had some fiddly diddly riffs on it, but the vocals made it sound samey and run of the mill post-hardcore. I'm waaay into this more now.

It is not the norm to see a band change/ enter the postrock genre and blow up like Tides of Man did with Young and Courageous.

Their AudioTree Live performance is worth watching and my favorite part is when the bass player says the hardest part of the musical transition is playing whole notes :D (from proggy/noodly constantly moving bass line).

16 minutes ago, drds89 said:

It is not the norm to see a band change/ enter the postrock genre and blow up like Tides of Man did with Young and Courageous.

Their AudioTree Live performance is worth watching and my favorite part is when the bass player says the hardest part of the musical transition is playing whole notes :D (from proggy/noodly constantly moving bass line).

That session is so good.  I'm glad these dudes are doing what they're doing.  I think because they were in a song driven band prior to revamping, it's made them create a flavor of post-rock that is pretty rare.  And that is the essence of post-rock boiled down into a pop song format.  Where some post-rock bands meander and take forever to build (and that can be effective), these dudes almost force themselves to cut to the chase and give the listener exactly what they need to have that classic post-rock drama but in 4 minute, digestible increments.  I fucking love it.

Maybe this new record will be a little different since it's the sophomore effort as a post-rock band.  Maybe we'll hear longer passages and interludes?  I know that clip they posted has a This Will Destroy You kind of vibe, but the other clips they've posted throughout the making of the record seem more in line with Young and Courageous.  Whatever ends up dropping in August will be incredible, I'm sure of that.

4 hours ago, highfives said:

That session is so good.  I'm glad these dudes are doing what they're doing.  I think because they were in a song driven band prior to revamping, it's made them create a flavor of post-rock that is pretty rare.  And that is the essence of post-rock boiled down into a pop song format.  Where some post-rock bands meander and take forever to build (and that can be effective), these dudes almost force themselves to cut to the chase and give the listener exactly what they need to have that classic post-rock drama but in 4 minute, digestible increments.  I fucking love it.

Maybe this new record will be a little different since it's the sophomore effort as a post-rock band.  Maybe we'll hear longer passages and interludes?  I know that clip they posted has a This Will Destroy You kind of vibe, but the other clips they've posted throughout the making of the record seem more in line with Young and Courageous.  Whatever ends up dropping in August will be incredible, I'm sure of that.

There are a few longer passages, and I like that development.  Oftentimes, the Young and Courageous stuff feels TOO fast.  I get what you mean though.  They're a lot like Pray For Sound in that regard: high energy, to the point stuff. 

Having gotten to see two sets full of the new material, I do like that they're taking a breath with some of the new tunes.  It's okay to let things build for a minute.  You don't have to rush to the peak in 8 bars.  I wish they'd give us a track or two before the album so we can hear the production more.  Much of it is still the fast, energetic, gripping stuff but they played two songs that have a bit more restraint to them. 

8 hours ago, whoa said:

I'm playing catch up here - I've only ever heard Dreamhouse - and now need to listen to Young And Courageous: did they drop the singer (wasn't really into his vocals) or has he melded into the band and decided no singing? What year is it?

He was kicked out and is now the lead singer of Dance Gavin Dance where he has put out 3 albums with them. He was kicked out because he was secretly trying to tryout for SAOSIN when they kicked COVE or whatever his name was. They ended up bringing back Anthony green but that is why the Tides of man is no longer in the band.