PO Foxbat "Rotgut" (FFO: Every Time I Die, Deftones, He is Legend, Emanuel )

9 minutes ago, anchorlessbodies said:

Hey man is one of my all time favourite song, constantly spinning it from time to time. Too bad they didn’t get the deserved attention.

Legit question because I'm curious: Did you discover them because that song was on that Burnout game. I only remember them because I saw them once like 15 years ago.

Really not trying to shit on anyone, just found them odd as a FFO.

Kinda like how it's odd that this band has a denim jacket. I hope those are made to order.

8 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Legit question because I'm curious: Did you discover them because that song was on that Burnout game. I only remember them because I saw them once like 15 years ago.

Kinda like how it's odd that this band has a denim jacket. I hope those are made to order.

I was beyond obsessed with FATA at that time and immediately swallowed everything Vagrant released. That was the greatest period of the label’s life I believe.

16 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Does anyone even remember Emanuel?

15 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I maintain that first Emanuel record is one of the best sounding records Machine produced.

Denim vests are made to order!

• 2 weeks later...

"The Hey Man!" is surely one of the better songs to come out of that scene. On a related note, I lived in Louisville at the time Emanuel were at their peak and I can remember walking into a local pizza place and having their singer take my order. It was when I realized that bands like that probably didn't make that much money. 

17 minutes ago, linksisfromcanada said:

"The Hey Man!" is surely one of the better songs to come out of that scene. On a related note, I lived in Louisville at the time Emanuel were at their peak and I can remember walking into a local pizza place and having their singer take my order. It was when I realized that bands like that probably didn't make that much money. 

That and jobs like that are really easy to leave to go on tour.

22 hours ago, linksisfromcanada said:

The guitar tone on Soundtrack is the NASTIEST guitar tone, especially in The Hey Man intro.