Polyvinyl Records Garage Sale Test Pressings (Owen, Deerhoof, Hey Mercedes, etc.)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
6 minutes ago, museummouth said:

Yeah they’re a bit pricy especially that Hissing Fauna and the AF EP. 

Couldn’t pass on No Good as it’s my fav Mike release plus I own the original artwork that he had in the room he recorded it in. 

Serious? That picture on the front cover? Send pics!!!

46 minutes ago, museummouth said:

Couldn’t pass on No Good as it’s my fav Mike release plus I own the original artwork that he had in the room he recorded it in. 

I'm usually not a fan of album-related memorabilia but I gotta say that's pretty cool. How the hell did you get that?

1 hour ago, museummouth said:

I bought a no good test press at one of their charity eBay auctions a few years ago after a night in the pub and it was quite a bit more that $150, so you got a deal in my book :lol:

I'm hoping they throw up some less expensive test presses later on. I would really like to get the last couple of Headlights albums. A few months ago, I got The Things We Do to Find People Who Feel Like Us for $50 when they first put them up in the Garage Sale.  It looks like a couple of the other folks who got it almost immediately put them on Discogs for 3x or 4x that cost (see below)...so, I kind of get the price gouging. Why shouldn't Polyvinyl make that money?

https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/12226280?ev=rb

Edited by linksisfromcanada

1 hour ago, linksisfromcanada said:

It looks like a couple of the other folks who got it almost immediately put them on Discogs for 3x or 4x that cost (see below)...so, I kind of get the price gouging. Why shouldn't Polyvinyl make that money?

Yeah, but at those prices:

• Last Sold: Never

7 hours ago, Ishtar said:

Serioiusly. I was ready to drop ~$50ish on a couple different things if they were available, but there is some craziness going on with this pricing.

Yeah, I mean whatever I'm not crazy about Test Pressings in general but I thought they were a cool little thing to add to my variant collection. Never saw anything special about them outside of that, and thought PV was on the same page... guess not. :(

32 minutes ago, rooks said:

Yeah, I mean whatever I'm not crazy about Test Pressings in general but I thought they were a cool little thing to add to my variant collection. Never saw anything special about them outside of that, and thought PV was on the same page... guess not. :(

Same. Was hoping they'd throw up stuff for the new Rainer Maria reissues. I'd have grabbed a Long Knifes TP just for funzies at $50