PO: Misfits- Famous Monsters repress

Thought I would take a moment and give everyone an update on the Misfits limited edition color release from Music on Vinyl.

First, we are sold out, thank you for your interest and orders from this venue.

Our copies are scheduled to ship to us on 8-3 via two day DHL service from the EU.  This should give us adequate time to have all orders packed and shipped by the 8-10 release date or, worse case, by that Monday the 13th.  We are holding some unsold safety stock just in case.

Lastly, the black standard 180 Gram vinyl version of this release is being pressed now and will be available within the next 10 days or so.  That version will not include the sticker sheet.  The way our friends at MOV price their product, the price is the same for the black vinyl which I never understood.   I may be able to negotiate a dollar or two off the price / copy of that release which will be unlimited.

Thanks again

7 hours ago, edsawesomesounds said:

Thought I would take a moment and give everyone an update on the Misfits limited edition color release from Music on Vinyl.

First, we are sold out, thank you for your interest and orders from this venue.

Our copies are scheduled to ship to us on 8-3 via two day DHL service from the EU.  This should give us adequate time to have all orders packed and shipped by the 8-10 release date or, worse case, by that Monday the 13th.  We are holding some unsold safety stock just in case.

Lastly, the black standard 180 Gram vinyl version of this release is being pressed now and will be available within the next 10 days or so.  That version will not include the sticker sheet.  The way our friends at MOV price their product, the price is the same for the black vinyl which I never understood.   I may be able to negotiate a dollar or two off the price / copy of that release which will be unlimited.

Thanks again

Sweet, so basically everyone who ordered will for sure secure the colored release? I ordered it two weeks or so ago along with a few other MOV releases. Got a question though... I ordered 3 records from you that are Pre-orders. Do you ship them out as they arrive or will I have to wait until you have all 3 to ship them? 

First, thank you very much for your orders.  I appreciate it!  

All of the Misfit color vinyl preorders will be filled.  I'm receiving more copies then I sold just to be safe and to guard against any shipping mishaps, however the distributor I am using in the EU triple boxes their vinyl.  Their packing is impeccable but I'd rather be safe and keep some safety stock.

I don't believe in holding shipments in lieu of upcoming releases on the same order.  The free domestic shipping we offer is included in our pricing model based on the sale of one record so when they come in, they ship.  International shipping is much more expensive so we may hold an order for a week or so to combine but if its longer than that we ship.

All of our Music on Vinyl preorders for a given release date usually arrive at the same time, e.g. CMBYN, Opeth and the other 8-3 releases are all arriving on Tuesday of this week.  All the releases with an 8-10 street date from MOV will arrive with the Misfits next Tuesday.  If your other preorders have the same street date, they will ship together, if not, we'll ship them to you as we receive them.

Thanks again for your orders, I hope you enjoy your new vinyl.

Copies shipping today from the EU, will arrive by Monday / Tuesday.  I have to respect the street date of 8-10.  All copies will ship by Friday.

I'll crack a copy open hopefully on Monday and share photos of the cover, vinyl and stickers.

Have  great weekend!

Misfits are in.  If I did this correctly the link below should bring you to some photos.  Vinyl is much greener than anticipated, almost emerald green with some yellow.  I like it!  Photos are also available on our Facebook page edsawesomesounds

http://s1383.photobucket.com/user/edsawesomesounds/slideshow/

10 hours ago, edsawesomesounds said:

Misfits are in.  If I did this correctly the link below should bring you to some photos.  Vinyl is much greener than anticipated, almost emerald green with some yellow.  I like it!  Photos are also available on our Facebook page edsawesomesounds

http://s1383.photobucket.com/user/edsawesomesounds/slideshow/

Cool! Kinda looks like the Vision of Disorder MOV pressing. Thx

53 minutes ago, edsawesomesounds said:

I've been in shipping processing mode so haven't had the time to spin one.  MOV generally has excellent sound quality but I can't speak to this one yet. 

Maybe this weekend.  

Got my shipping confirmation this morning - can't wait to get my hands on this and spin it.

1 hour ago, hyperg1ant said:

I got my copy today, and the first thing I noticed, is that the back cover looks horrible. On the other hand, the front cover looks better than the OG pressing.

I listened to my copy last night. it fits the MOV M.O. Sound quality was fine. It didn’t blow me away, but it’s a Misfits record from 1999, so for what it is it sounded fine. I enjoyed it. The pressing quality on the other hand was excellent. Except for one audible pop on side two there was no surface noise. Even between songs or on the lead in/out it was nearly digital quiet, which is awesome. 

I didnt notice the back cover was bad but I did notice how nice the front cover turned out. It actually Is larger scope than my CD, which could mean original art assets were used which is cool.

if anything, it sucks they didn’t include the Japan bonus tracks. MOV doesn’t usually do that though, so it’s a minor gripe. Overall, it’s a cool release and I’m happy to have a copy. I like this record more than anyone should like non-Danzig Misfits. I like it on its own merits.

Edited by kannibal

On 8/10/2018 at 11:27 AM, hyperg1ant said:

Any word on sound quality?

Might just be me, but it sounds a little shrill/grainy :/. Hope it’s not my needle or anything. I noticed a few other records sounding meh and I got the dust off the needle but overall it sounds a little grainy, high treble imo.

Edited by AndrewNstuff