PO: Misfits- Famous Monsters repress

2 hours ago, lexicondevil said:

Doyle might be entertaining, but he does seem like a big meathead.

Funny you say that, seeing as he’s vegan haha.

He dates a friend of mine’s sister and she said that he actually really awesome and nice dude.

Edited by MyEnemy

12 hours ago, MyEnemy said:

Funny you say that, seeing as he’s vegan haha.

He dates a friend of mine’s sister and she said that he actually really awesome and nice dude.

Just don’t be that guy in the audience who yells, “Play a Misfits song!” when his band Doyle is playing.  He didn’t react to kindly when someone did that at a show a few years ago.

1 hour ago, jerseydave77 said:

Didn't Graves have a website called ConservativePunk? He's always been a loser. 

Never hated his voice but his stage presence was so annoying - he moved like a poorly made knockoff muppet. 

I don't know if he owned it but he regularly contributed. What a shithead.

On 7/20/2020 at 7:52 PM, lexicondevil said:

Ugh. I really don't think I'd like any of the Misfits if I had to hang out with them for a while. Doyle might be entertaining, but he does seem like a big meathead.

I can't speak on Doyle (who I've heard is a nice guy) but, I've crossed paths with Jerry a few times in a few different situations. he's always been a solid guy. seems like he has a heart of gold. 

multiple times I've seen him stand there and sign every autograph before he takes off. when I was managing a venue, the Misfits played, a promoter we didn't usually work with booked the show and skipped out on paying them - instead of taking it out on me, he was super-chill and said "well, this is why I pay a lawyer... thanks for the hospitality." Reader's Digest version of said path crossing, but I appreciated how he's always been super nice.

17 minutes ago, kcblackrob said:

when I was managing a venue, the Misfits played, a promoter we didn't usually work with booked the show and skipped out on paying them - instead of taking it out on me, he was super-chill and said "well, this is why I pay a lawyer... thanks for the hospitality." Reader's Digest version of said path crossing, but I appreciated how he's always been super nice.

As someone who also manages a venue, that’s a very very cool thing to hear. Most artists or bands wouldn’t handle something like that in a calm and reassuring demeanor. I can imagine it wasn’t a pleasant experience, all around, shit like that really suck, but that’s pretty rad. 

Edited by MyEnemy

6 minutes ago, MyEnemy said:

As someone who also manages a venue, that’s a very very cool thing to hear. Most artists or bands wouldn’t handle something like that in a calm and reassuring demeanor. I can imagine it was a pleasant experience, all around, but that’s pretty rad. 

I felt horrible for him about the whole situation. I have to believe that wasn't the first time he has gotten stiffed. I was really shocked at how cool he was about the whole thing. 

Hell, I had bands yell at me for way trivial things

5 minutes ago, kcblackrob said:

I felt horrible for him about the whole situation. I have to believe that wasn't the first time he has gotten stiffed. I was really shocked at how cool he was about the whole thing. 

Hell, I had bands yell at me for way trivial things

That is really cool. Very pro. I definitely appreciate that.

Ohhhhh man, for fucking real! Four words, major label baby bands. Too many shitty stories, in general. I love my job! Haha

Edited by MyEnemy