record cleaning machine question / thoughts on this one

Was looking into getting a record cleaning machine, saw the one suggested here for $500 but then I cam across this one on ebay for $200, seems legit.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Record-Doctor-V-Record-Cleaning-Machine/263428167761?epid=1404022346&hash=item3d558ad851:g:X1YAAOSw8-FaVQ91

Curious if anyone had any input on this one. I dont mind spinning the record myself to save $300 if this one is pretty good.

Its called the Record Doctor V http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/record-doctor-v-lp-cleaning-machine/

Thanks

Just now, Bladewillisisdead said:

I have one and like it very much. 

My cats hate it though because it's hella loud.

I have no cats, so nbd there hahaha.

Just curious, have you had to change the soft part that touches the record yet? (how long has it been) 
do you store the machine with a cover over it to keep it also dust free?

6 minutes ago, imnothardcore said:

I have no cats, so nbd there hahaha.

Just curious, have you had to change the soft part that touches the record yet? (how long has it been) 
do you store the machine with a cover over it to keep it also dust free?

I've had it for maybe 5-6 months and haven't had to replace it yet. I should probably grab some replacements soon just to be safe. I think a 3 pack is like $20. I don't have a dust cover, but should really get one. I just wipe it down every couple days.

I know some people don't like the spinning platter, but there's a replacement you can buy that has really good reviews. Can't remember who makes it though.

Edit: it's the KAB Gliding Platter Plus here:

https://www.kabusa.com/frameset.htm?/rcleaner.htm

Edited by Bladewillisisdead

I have a VPI 16.5 that I really like.  The Okki Nokki has been more readily available in the US in the past few years and seems pretty comparable and a little cheaper (maybe that’s the $500 option you are referring to?)

I have always wondered how much the lack of a full(ish) sized platter impacts the usability of the record doctor.  You should consider trying to get a demo at a local store if you have one available

18 hours ago, somethingvinyl said:

Man, I need a RCM. Just don't want to actually shell out the cash.

Thats what made me  check this one out, the ones with the vacuum seem pretty awesome and $200 isn't too bad.  imo $500 is way steep for something so basic. Also, thanks for all the feedback guys think Im going to pull the trigger on this one, will check out my few local stores first to make sure they dont have it.