[PO] Thrice - Palms (9/14/2018)

1 minute ago, ejc625 said:

Really? Mine hadn’t even shipped yet. Normally it’s been shipped and/or delivered by now. Wasn’t sure if they just hadn’t come in or not yet. 

Ya I didn't get any shipping notice, it just showed up. That said, opened it up to see if the digital download would work... And there wasn't a card. So don't know if the regular copies come with a download which is kind of lame. 

13 hours ago, zacooper said:

Also, re: Wax Mage. Someone on chorus.fm reached out to Wax Mage on FB and they responded saying they still did them. So no reason to freak out

i emailed them asking why it changed from wax mage to clear and if I would still be getting the wax mage bundle

they replied with 

Hello,

It appears that the clear is the final design for the bundle.

Regards,
KRM”

Am I the only one being a little disappointed with the artwork?
All recent Thrice's vinyl releases have been more carefully designed, this is just a simple sleeve with an inner printed one... ok I guess this is cheaper to produce, but a nice booklet of some would have been very cool, as basically, the artwork is cool, just a bit limited IMHO.

Edited by li0nel

5 minutes ago, Vince Ives said:

This album is great. I think I must have a totally different perception of what constitutes 'Dad rock' to other people.

Listen to Hold Up a Light and then any chart toppers from Nickelback.  It isn’t difficult.

One thing I do miss a great deal about “classic” Thrice is Dustin’s lyrics.  They’re so blunt and boring with this current state of the band.  Compare the themes of Image of the Invisible to the literal “fight the system, don’t be silent!” lyrics on these past 2 albums.

First pass through & I think this is infinitely more interesting than the last album’s snooze fest.  Undecided if that’s translating to a good album though.

That butt-rock song is pretty jarring lol.  No joke though My Soul might be my early fav.  It would be A Branch in the River if it wasn’t ruined by that chorus.  But those first 3 songs actually work real well in succession & to start the album.  The Dark ends far too abruptly imo though.  That choir shoulda went on for a few more bars.

Just breath, a branch in the river, beyond the pines are good, but nothing spectacular especially thrice standards.

Hold up a light and blood on blood on the other hand are crime against humanity.

Also only us, grey and hold up a light are definition of awful radio rock.

I actually loved TBEITBN. It was my favorite album in 2016. This album after one listen wsas very forgettable. Super bummed. I order the waxmage bundle too. Hoping after a few more listens my opinion will change. Either way this has to be their weakest release. Nothing on this record that blew me away