[PO] Thrice - Palms (9/14/2018)

9 hours ago, mmhmm said:

Finally listening to this and it's super interesting/good. I'm surprised people are bored by this. Put on a good pair of headphones and hear how good this sounds...also, that bass tone is everything on this record. 

How great the bass is highlights how pitiful the guitar parts are on this album.  The guitar work is pathetic for a band with the discography it has.  The bass is absolutely one of the best things about the album.  Drums and bass are on point.  

Also, having great headphones can’t get this album out of the hole it dug itself.  Very glad I passed on this album.  First Thrice album I’ve ever not preordered and I’m not sure I’ll buy at this point at all.  

Edited by RyanSmithers
Typo

I have only given it one listen, and their older more aggressive stuff is still my favorite, but I think this is a solid and interesting album. First half is great, albums has a strong closer too. But man there is undeniably some butt rocking in the middle.  But despite that, still really enjoying it.

this is such a cool record. even the butt rocky song still has some cool vocal stuff and a nice flurry of aggression towards the end (still not a huge fan of that song) but everyone else is nice. Branch in a River has one of the cooler outros in the band's disco

On 9/14/2018 at 8:34 AM, li0nel said:

Am I the only one being a little disappointed with the artwork?
All recent Thrice's vinyl releases have been more carefully designed, this is just a simple sleeve with an inner printed one... ok I guess this is cheaper to produce, but a nice booklet of some would have been very cool, as basically, the artwork is cool, just a bit limited IMHO.

100% agree here, pretty weak packaging compared to the previous releases.  Pretty barebones.

I got my bundle 1 today and the sticker on the back says clear with 3 color splatter. Haven’t had a chance to open it though. Will do it in the morning and report back. 

I have a feeling they switched bundle 1 and bundle 2 though and bundle 2 got the wax mage and bundle 1 gets a clear with OG color splatters. 

Edited by zacooper

4 hours ago, zacooper said:

I got my bundle 1 today and the sticker on the back says clear with 3 color splatter. Haven’t had a chance to open it though. Will do it in the morning and report back. 

I have a feeling they switched bundle 1 and bundle 2 though and bundle 2 got the wax mage and bundle 1 gets a clear with OG color splatters. 

Well, this would not be good. 

6 hours ago, zacooper said:

IIRC both /100 were Wax Mage. Bundle 1 was album art colors Wax Mage splattrr & bundle 2 was random colors Wax Mage Splatter

:edit: After seeing pics on another forum of the album art splatter, I think I was incorrect and they did switch the bundles. I hope I get what I paid for

Edited by agaetisbyrjun

2 hours ago, agaetisbyrjun said:

IIRC both /100 were Wax Mage. Bundle 1 was album art colors Wax Mage splattrr & bundle 2 was random colors Wax Mage Splatter

:edit: After seeing pics on another forum of the album art splatter, I think I was incorrect and they did switch the bundles. I hope I get what I paid for

Do you have a pic or link to the forum that you saw the  album art splatter in?  Thanks.