[PO] Thrice - Palms (9/14/2018)

1 hour ago, rrd said:

zFbVKRQ.jpg

for that dont want to go looking...this is the wax mage maybe? i dont know...seems to be some confusion about which is which

I ordered the wax mage bundle and this is what I received as well. Looks nice but this definitely looks more like the album colors. Looks pretty tame compared to the other splatter, and wax mages usually look more like the other one posted before.

10 minutes ago, dapeebs said:

I ordered the wax mage bundle and this is what I received as well. Looks nice but this definitely looks more like the album colors. Looks pretty tame compared to the other splatter, and wax mages usually look more like the other one posted before.

I don't think they knew what they were doing with any of this (considering Bundle #2 was supposed to have the album colors).  Personally, I would rather have the other version.  They just flip-flopped the color scheme, which wasn't what was originally described in the bundles.  

Edited by djghost1976

So Kings Road Merch literally just admitted to me over FB messaging that they changed the wax mage to the 'clear 3 color splatter' (and didn't inform anyone):  The Wax Mage did get changed to the variant you received of the Clear +3 splatter. Sorry for any inconvenience.

I'm keeping mine regardless, but that is super shady.  

Edited by djghost1976

13 minutes ago, djghost1976 said:

So Kings Road Merch literally just admitted to me over FB messaging that they changed the wax mage to the 'clear 3 color splatter' (and didn't inform anyone) and are not offering any refunds:  The Wax Mage did get changed to the variant you received of the Clear +3 splatter. Sorry for any inconvenience.

I'm keeping mine regardless, but that is super shady.  

You'd be well within your rights to open a dispute, product not as described.  Personally I'd be concerned if the buck would pass back to Thrice (which it's clearly not their fault).

Maybe reach out to Dustin with that message?  But again I might be worried he'd take it on personally to correct the situation, which again the band shouldn't suffer monetarily for Kings Road's blunder (imho)

30 minutes ago, daegor said:

You'd be well within your rights to open a dispute, product not as described.  Personally I'd be concerned if the buck would pass back to Thrice (which it's clearly not their fault).

Maybe reach out to Dustin with that message?  But again I might be worried he'd take it on personally to correct the situation, which again the band shouldn't suffer monetarily for Kings Road's blunder (imho)

I actually got mine for my friend who is a huge Thrice fan, and she doesn't mind the color and will keep it - but it's just the principle of it as far as Kings Road is concerned, that they switched it without telling anyone.   And they ignored my question as to why they didn't inform anyone about it.  But I agree that Thrice should suffer monetarily for Kings Road's incompetence.  

Edited by djghost1976

3 hours ago, rrd said:

i dont know what the fuss is, they were both made by wax mage. so you still got what was advertised, just the colors changed. happens alot with preorders.

Typically if you pay some kind of premium price for a wax mage variant it doesn’t look like a splatter you could get from any other plant. I’d feel a bit cheated if I had splurged on this.

4 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

Typically if you pay some kind of premium price for a wax mage variant it doesn’t look like a splatter you could get from any other plant. I’d feel a bit cheated if I had splurged on this.

Normally I'd agree with you, I'm guessing that if you threw one of these up on discogs or Ebay the feeling of being cheated would go away pretty quickly

Not to stoke the flames, but actually ill stoke the flames.

Went to my kingsroadmerch PO / Order page, and looked at the thumbnail image for my bundle (Bundle #2).

While its a pretty low resolution image, it clearly says "Wax Mage OG Splatter". 

41826_400x400.jpg

I also compared these against the similar images that were available when the bundles were for sale, and the text was completely different.
Back when these were first ordered the image text read "LIMITED ALBUM ART COLORS SPLATTER VINYL" with the same vinyl mockup.

2 hours ago, V3XED said:

Not to stoke the flames, but actually ill stoke the flames.

Went to my kingsroadmerch PO / Order page, and looked at the thumbnail image for my bundle (Bundle #2).

While its a pretty low resolution image, it clearly says "Wax Mage OG Splatter". 

41826_400x400.jpg

I also compared these against the similar images that were available when the bundles were for sale, and the text was completely different.
Back when these were first ordered the image text read "LIMITED ALBUM ART COLORS SPLATTER VINYL" with the same vinyl mockup.

I noticed this as well. I ordered bundle 2 and it said album art splatter, not wax mage OG splatter. I checked on the shipping a few days ago and it said wax mage OG splatter. I was actually bummed I didn't get bundle 1 because wax mage does cool shit, but that drop was a nightmare so I was happy with bundle 2. Having seen both, really happy I got bundle 2. KRM should have definitely been more transparent about this. 

Edited by pmlevine