[PO] Thrice - Palms (9/14/2018)

1 hour ago, backpackoat said:

GDxpWFX.jpg

Here's mine. Cool how unique these are. Love that pink on the other one that was posted

Looks dope and I'm happy for you guys that got these, but can't help but be extremely salty that these are the records we (bundle 1) buyers bought and expected to receive,  Every sick picture just puts more salt in the wound.  

It shouldn’t, but this all pisses me off so much.  I was willing to spend the money and chose bundle 1 (I had both in my cart and specifically chose this one based on the description) because I thought I was getting a really cool, one-of-a-kind record and I end up getting a pretty run of the mill splatter record like so many others I already have.   This is the 0/2 for me with Thrice preorders now - fucked over on the Alchemy Index preorder too.  

9 minutes ago, zuck said:

I didn't care about the limited bundles or splattergate, until I saw this picture.

Wax mage does shit like this all the time. Follow them on social media and you can eventually get a similar looking variant with music that doesn’t suck on it.

47 minutes ago, masonxstorm91 said:

I'm confused what people are angry about

same. there are two wax mage variants. splatter w/ album cover colors and OG splatter which basically just means random splatter. the only thing KRM did not disclose was that the OG's would be different color combos.

stop whining, Thrice fans. it's all going to be okay.

3 minutes ago, 1876records said:

same. there are two wax mage variants. splatter w/ album cover colors and OG splatter which basically just means random splatter. the only thing KRM did not disclose was that the OG's would be different color combos.

stop whining, Thrice fans. it's all going to be okay.

I am not complaining one bit, but Your wrong for the record.

They sold two bundles, one said it had a run of individually unique records, while the other said it had album art colors.  

By the time they were delivered the bundles we're swapped, if you ordered an album art colors bundle you got the crazy unique color.combos and vice versa. 

50 minutes ago, xfactor675 said:

Wish this album was half as great as this bundle mess-up and the rage because of it.

Same, it's a good album... but not by Thrice standards. These songs are so run of the mill and homogenous that I'm not an iota surprised the packaging is devoid of any substance... could you imagine the band trying to fill out liner notes for these songs?

Dustin- I sang like words on this one.

Teppei- I wrote this riff on a guitar.

Riley- There was percussion on this song.

Eddie- We were drinking some PBR's and watching Stranger Things in the studio when we were supposed to be writing. Then we banged this one out in ten minutes before our session was up. My bass is the best thing about this album, btw.

Pretty cool variants though.

Edited by holyvacantsholyhell

On 10/2/2018 at 2:28 PM, holyvacantsholyhell said:

Same, it's a good album... but not by Thrice standards. These songs are so run of the mill and homogenous that I'm not an iota surprised the packaging is devoid of any substance... could you imagine the band trying to fill out liner notes for these songs?

Dustin- I sang like words on this one.

Teppei- I wrote this riff on a guitar.

Riley- There was percussion on this song.

Eddie- We were drinking some PBR's and watching Stranger Things in the studio when we were supposed to be writing. Then we banged this one out in ten minutes before our session was up. My bass is the best thing about this album, btw.

Pretty cool variants though.

But the splatters!!!! Seriously tho I haven’t listened to the album yet so idk  is it dad rock? Is it Beggars 2.0? Time will tell...