[PO] Thrice - Palms (9/14/2018)

On 10/2/2018 at 2:28 PM, holyvacantsholyhell said:

Same, it's a good album... but not by Thrice standards. These songs are so run of the mill and homogenous that I'm not an iota surprised the packaging is devoid of any substance... could you imagine the band trying to fill out liner notes for these songs?

Dustin- I sang like words on this one.

Teppei- I wrote this riff on a guitar.

Riley- There was percussion on this song.

Eddie- We were drinking some PBR's and watching Stranger Things in the studio when we were supposed to be writing. Then we banged this one out in ten minutes before our session was up. My bass is the best thing about this album, btw.

Pretty cool variants though.

But the splatters!!!! Seriously tho I haven’t listened to the album yet so idk  is it dad rock? Is it Beggars 2.0? Time will tell...

Same, it's a good album... but not by Thrice standards. These songs are so run of the mill and homogenous that I'm not an iota surprised the packaging is devoid of any substance... could you imagine the band trying to fill out liner notes for these songs?

Eddie- We were drinking some PBR's and watching Stranger Things in the studio when we were supposed to be writing. Then we banged this one out in ten minutes before our session was up. My bass is the best thing about this album, btw.

But the splatters!!!! Seriously tho I haven’t listened to the album yet so idk  is it dad rock? Is it Beggars 2.0? Time will tell...

• 3 weeks later...

I did the PO for Collectors Bundle #1 and the package was lost by FedEx so I reached out to KRM and they replied to me and said they would ship a replacement. I received the replacement and it is the LP from Bundle #2 (clear w/ 3 colors) a pin, slipmat and 180gram Black. 

Naturally I emailed them and tried to tell them that the package I received was wrong and that I never got the WaxMage or the grey marble and I don’t want the pin and the slipmat. Nobody has responded to my 4 emails and 2 phone calls. 

Anyone else having problems like this?

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/2/2018 at 11:46 AM, raynerho said:

People who ordered Bundle 1 and got Bundle 2... please drop KRM an email with a photo. There might be some hope for us.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bob4eUuAfz2/?taken-by=epitaphrecords

Totally forgot to shoot them an email about this, but to anyone who did, did you receive anything back from Epitaph?

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/5/2018 at 1:42 PM, dapeebs said:

Totally forgot to shoot them an email about this, but to anyone who did, did you receive anything back from Epitaph?

There is a thread about this on reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/thrice/comments/9po8ro/palmsgate_updates_regarding_the_palms_deluxe/

Also there is a new pressing /1000 Clear

https://thrice-us.myshopify.com/products/palms-vinyl-lp

Elsewhere has the oxblood EU/UK indie version in their 2 for 25 pounds sale.

https://elsewhere.community/products/thrice-palms-vinyl?variant=8493557678135

pair it with something from here to get the discount applied automatically

https://elsewhere.community/collections/black-friday-2-for-25

Edited by xfactor675

• 6 months later...

Almost a year later, but there is finally an update on the vinyl debacle. Email from KRM today:

Hi there,

This is an email to notify you that your replacement vinyl is on the way to our warehouse. We are hoping to get them processed & sent out to you over the next 2 weeks. You will be receiving a tracking number as soon as they leave our warehouse. 

Thank you for your patience in this matter!

Epitaph

35 minutes ago, backpackoat said:

Were we supposed to do anything about this or are they being automatically sent out?

Not sure. I handled just about all of the behind the scenes work on this and it never occurred to me to ask. I am assuming that all 200 are being replaced, but it’s purely an assumption pulled out of my ass with no basis used to suggest that.

I strongly recommend contacting them and asking.

Edited by perryburner

17 hours ago, perryburner said:

Not sure. I handled just about all of the behind the scenes work on this and it never occurred to me to ask. I am assuming that all 200 are being replaced, but it’s purely an assumption pulled out of my ass with no basis used to suggest that.

I strongly recommend contacting them and asking.

Could you explain what is even at stake here.? Is this just anyone upset about the swapped variants? Or for damaged packages?