[PO] Thrice - Palms (9/14/2018)

3 hours ago, V3XED said:

Could you explain what is even at stake here.? Is this just anyone upset about the swapped variants? Or for damaged packages?

Super long story short... KRM screwed up and sent the wrong Wax Mage records to the wrong customers. 

Super long story not short... check it out here because I’m not writing it all out here.

36 minutes ago, mmhmm said:

This fix will make the clear with red, white and black variant the rarest one...just a thought I had.

I don't think so. From what I understand all 200 orders were initially switched, and Epitaph ordered 100 more of each to correct the shipping mishap, so everyone who ordered a /100 bundle will be getting another variant. 

It'll be cool to get the wax mage unique splatter in, but this record did not impress me at all. Probably trade them both away or sell them to put towards the Beggars repress.

44 minutes ago, mmhmm said:

This fix will make the clear with red, white and black variant the rarest one...just a thought I had.

No for several reasons.

1) They repressed those as well.

2) Album Art splatter are all the same. So each individual copy is 1 of 100+ of the same (1/100+). If you are a variant collector, you only need 1 to have the same copy as everyone else.

3) Individually unique presses are not all the same. While 100+ individually unique copies were pressed, every one of these is one of one (1/1). If you were a variant collector, you would have to acquire every single individual record to have every single variant of this version.

Edited by perryburner

I should have 1 of each of these now /200 pressings to sell. Bought 2 of the wax mage (unfortunate paypal fiasco on the preorders that I never canceled), and ended up with 2 of the album art splatter because of the mix up. Obviously don't need both but I was waiting to sell the splatter until this whole thing had been resolved. So there will be one wax mage and one splatter available once I get the replacements.

6 hours ago, zacooper said:

I should have 1 of each of these now /200 pressings to sell. Bought 2 of the wax mage (unfortunate paypal fiasco on the preorders that I never canceled), and ended up with 2 of the album art splatter because of the mix up. Obviously don't need both but I was waiting to sell the splatter until this whole thing had been resolved. So there will be one wax mage and one splatter available once I get the replacements.

interested in this. im in socal as well so it can potentially be IP 

1 hour ago, djghost1976 said:

I just got confirmation after messaging them that they're sending me out the wax mage version.   So I would reach out if you want to make sure you're getting the replacement.  

Could you let me know how you got in touch with them? 
I tried back when this whole debacle started but never got a reply.

3 minutes ago, V3XED said:

They have told me that because I didn't get in touch with them sooner, they don't have any replacement copies available.
Oh well. 😥

Oh, so they aren't replacing every copy then? Well, probably means I'm not getting a replacement either because I never heard from them when this all started as well. 

• 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, perryburner said:

I too would love to see pics. Would also love to know what company they used to ship the replacements.

Edit: My replacement popped up in the USPS Informed Delivery app. On the way!

Where are these shipping from? I have something showing up in my USPS as well, and hope this is it.