PO Iron & Wine- Weed Garden

Hey Y'all,

As I was browsing Bull Moose today, I noticed that there was a new Iron & Wine EP available for pre order. It's six tracks, and looks to be released on 8/31/2018. Looks like there is nothing on Sam's actual site yet, but you know how it goes! 

Bull Moose

Track
Title
1 What Hurts Worse
2 Waves of Galveston
3 Last of Your Rock ’n’ Roll Heroes
4 Milkweed
5 Autumn Town Leaves
6 Talking to Fog

"Iron & Wine follow up their 2018 Grammy-nominated full-length Beast Epic with Weed Garden, a collection of material that began about three years ago. The six-song EP features songs that were part of the writing phase for Beast Epic, but went unfinished. They were part of a larger narrative for principal songwriter Sam Beam, who ran out of time to get them where they needed to be for inclusion on Beast Epic. Weed Garden also includes the fan favorite “Waves of Galveston.” While on tour last fall, the final pieces of material took shape and a sense of urgency prevailed in bringing these characters full circle. To resolution. To completion. In January, Beam and company hunkered down in Chicago at The Loft recording studio to capture these six songs. No more, no less. Weed Garden joins the good company of previous Iron & Wine EP’s – The Sea and Rhythm, Woman King, In the Reins – and in 2018’s attention-span challenged world that's not a bad thing."

Edited by PookdaddyG

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, timsimmons said:

I think he’s not a “current artist” because he’s doing it through his own label. My gas is Sub Pop/Universal is helping with distribution/promotion and whatnot. So he’s not technically a SP artist. 

Looks like I just caught them while they took him down to add the new release. He's listed as a current artist now.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, PookdaddyG said:

I’m still waiting on my BM order to ship... grumble grumble. 

Did you order the Loser edition? I was in contact with them about it--they thought they were still waiting for their order, weren't sure why it was delayed from the label/distributor. Turns out a few days later that the box was in a corner and no one had noticed it. They assured me it would be on its way soon.

6 hours ago, simple_torture said:

Did you order the Loser edition? I was in contact with them about it--they thought they were still waiting for their order, weren't sure why it was delayed from the label/distributor. Turns out a few days later that the box was in a corner and no one had noticed it. They assured me it would be on its way soon.

My man! Thanks for the info! I figured it would be in the same box as my Sufjan Stevens, so I was a little weirded out when it came solo. 

4 hours ago, PookdaddyG said:

My man! Thanks for the info! I figured it would be in the same box as my Sufjan Stevens, so I was a little weirded out when it came solo. 

It was also supposed to be in the same order as my Avalanche. Still no movement on it--card not charged, not switched to "Packaged" on BM's site--so they are running a bit behind. They went like 3 days this week without posting on Twitter, so they must be swamped with something.