Black/White Aside/Bside /300

White /1500

Track List:

1. Dual Harmonics
  2. The Latest Number
  3. Etude Of Solitude
  4. F_A_R

Info:

Long before we ever started working with them, toe is a band that has always captivated us. Mostly for their innate ability to meld elements of jazz, punk, post-rock, R&B, and a very specific blend of midwest instrumental math rock a la Ghosts and Vodka or Pele—all while channeling the raw energy of a hardcore show. There aren't too many bands you can listen to and over the course of a few minutes hear parts that ring simultaneously of J Dilla, Victor Villareal, and Fugazi—toe is one of those bands (hell yeah).

There's a kinetic energy about anything this band does: a level of care, precision and attention to detail that 20+ years into their existence, continues to elevate and set them apart. This four-song offering is no different—from the four tracks down to the design and packaging (by the talented Makoto Nii of long time inspiration for me, personally, Dis(ign) ).

The vinyl packaging contains a screen-printed B-side record and features a spot-varnish on the LP jacket.

This EP will be released digitally August 22—all pre-orders (of any format, physical or digital) will get a download of the album on that date. Physical orders will ship the week of September 7, 2018.

All purchases come with your choice of a FLAC, ALAC, MP3 320, MP3 VBR or AAC 256 download.

This item is a pre-order and will not be available until September 7, 2018. We will send download codes on or just before this date.

Edited by N8TRU
Pressing info added

8 minutes ago, freedumb said:

If you're reading this Topshelf.... 3 single LPs to Canada should not cost $37.50 shipping.  Sadly, I just can't order from you guys any more.

Send them an email and see if they can do anything. I've found them to be really helpful with shipping issues in the past.

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, glass realms said:

Has anybody received this yet? Also, for anybody who's been to the shows on this tour, do they have this album for sale?

No. I haven't gotten this or Clearance through my subscription. Can't answer about whether or not they have it on tour.

So it looks like they changed the most limited variant to cloudy clear with black color in color (from white with black color in color). They're starting to ship them out. But I guess I'll pick one up at the show as well. I'm really excited because they're pretty goddamn great live. 

Hi everyone, 

So, the vinyl you originally ordered was "Black w/ White Color In Color." We were told that this would look too closely like the Black/White AsideBside, so we went ahead and changed the variant to Cloudy Clear w/ Black Color In Color. 

toe_clear_black.jpg

Edited by glass realms

On 7/25/2018 at 8:45 AM, freedumb said:

If you're reading this Topshelf.... 3 single LPs to Canada should not cost $37.50 shipping.  Sadly, I just can't order from you guys any more.

Fucking eh! It's disgusting. I had to order all of toes' discography and some of Prawn's to make it worth it last time I ordered from them. It was still an absurd shipping fee though.

On 7/25/2018 at 8:54 AM, N8TRU1 said:

Send them an email and see if they can do anything. I've found them to be really helpful with shipping issues in the past.

I've done this through their Tumblr account and never got a response. I don't think they care, to be honest. 

12 hours ago, rabbitvinyl said:

I've done this through their Tumblr account and never got a response. I don't think they care, to be honest. 

While it’s always a good suggestion to talk to the source and ask, I did try a number of years ago... a few times, and yeah... they were unable to help or didn’t care to do anything.  

It’s really too bad because they were one of my first mail order purchases and they used to refund overpayments in shipping without even being asked.  The batch of original Toe pressings were my last purchases.  I may be wrong but I think they also used to comment and interact on VC? Not sure what has happened to them.

4 hours ago, freedumb said:

While it’s always a good suggestion to talk to the source and ask, I did try a number of years ago... a few times, and yeah... they were unable to help or didn’t care to do anything.  

It’s really too bad because they were one of my first mail order purchases and they used to refund overpayments in shipping without even being asked.  The batch of original Toe pressings were my last purchases.  I may be wrong but I think they also used to comment and interact on VC? Not sure what has happened to them.

I'm guessing they will probably pop back in here in the winter when it's time to register for their 2019 vinyl subscription. I know something happened earlier this year where they had behind the scenes issues with a manufacturer who dropped the ball and an employee who had to be fired and they went quiet for a few weeks but, at least via email, their customer support seems back to normal the last few months.

I don't know their reasons for charging high shipping but I do know that, when I've sold records to international buyers, I've opted to only ship via a tracked method and it's like $22 to ship a single 7". Is it possible they are choosing to use a shipping option that does cost as high as they charge? Or do people already know that and they are saying Topshelf should use the non-tracked, cheaper options or work out an international distro to lower costs, etc etc?