GazHilarant

Flightless Records - New Releases and Reissues

I figure we had some big threads for most of the King Gizzard releases last year and with the imminent release of reissues of the first 3 albums a actual flightless thread should be started. Looks like the following will be available. 

Upcoming:

Capture.png FLT-001R King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard 12 Bar Bruise 5000 - Muckraker 2000 - Doublemint 7500 - Standard
Eyes.png FLT-005R King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard Eyes Like the Sky 5000 - Gunsmoke 2000 - Unknown 7500 - Standard
Float.png FLT-006R King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard Float Long Fill Your Lungs 5000 - Kale and Banana Smoothie 2000 - Unknown 7500 - Standard
Oddment.png FLT-009R King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard Oddments 5000 - Hot Wax 2000 - Grimace Purple 7500 - Standard
Willoughby_s_Beach.jpg FLT-040R King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard Willoughby's Beach 5000 - Ocean Death 1000 - Unknown 7500 - Standard

Available Now:

ORB.png FLT-041 O.R.B The Space Between 500 - Silverfern 1000 - Blood Moon 1000 - Bone-Water-Blood
Double.png FLT-039 The Babe Rainbow Double Rainbow 2000 - Aqua Blue    
Stonefield.png FLT-038 Stonefield Far From Earth 2000 - Bone    
Gumboot.png FLT-037 King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard Gumboot Soup 2000 - Baby Blue    
Leah.png FLT-030 Leah Senior Pretty Faces 1000 - Bone w/ Double-mint haze    

Others:

FLT-036 Unannounced Album   2000 - Cornetto 1000 - Gold  
Edited by GazHilarant

Where can someone in the States buy these reissues? I'm wondering if there's a recommended site for ordering Stateside.

Edit: I’m specifically looking for something less than the $40 per title Flightless typically charges for purchases in USD. 

Edited by GrapplesInStereo
Clarification

I have heard that the larger quantities  are for Flightless and the 2000 quantities are for ATO, apparently this is typical of PP of how they've done Flightless/ATO releases in the past.. Either way..should be enough to go around! I wonder if Heavenly will get in on it too?

I wonder what the other FLT 'jobs' are though...a new Gizz album(s), in the works maybe?

Edited by TheDuke

On 7/10/2018 at 7:06 AM, GrapplesInStereo said:

Where can someone in the States buy these reissues? I'm wondering if there's a recommended site for ordering Stateside.

Edit: I’m specifically looking for something less than the $40 per title Flightless typically charges for purchases in USD. 

Pretty sure nowhere unless someone is selling a copy on Discogs they bought from flightless cheap.  Maybe with the larger pressing numbers they’ll show up somewhere though doubt they’d be much cheaper though

Edited by apirk

2 minutes ago, apirk said:

Pretty sure nowhere unless someone is selling a copy on Discogs they bought from flightless cheap.  Maybe with the larger pressing numbers they’ll show up somewhere though doubt they’d be much cheaper though

Eric Moore is working on setting up a Flightless USA store at some point...but nothing confirmed yet.

As for resale values, with 5000 copies proposed, I doubt these will gain in value anything like as much as previous releases have. Flightless might even sell these represses at cheaper prices, due to large quantites this time...but we'll have to see.

I am cleaning up the top post on this, ill continue to update it as I know, things I find very interesting is they have the FLT-036 listing in 2 colors, that number was originally passed over as it would have been Polygondwanaland, they must have decided to make an official pressing of it, however that would possibly modify the idea that the secondary quantity is for ATO, as they already have numerous Poly pressings. I think perhaps the notion of them establishing an American store may be more feasible, but who knows. 

Also with 3 other albums in press and none of them yet named I would assume FLT-040 being the largest pressing number at 6000 total may be a new 2018 King Gizzard release, FLT-041 with 3 variants and 2500 total may be a new Murlocs, Pipe-eye or most likely a new ORB album, as Space Between The Planets has already been released. Lastly we have FLT-042, the new pressing with only 1000 total, I assume this will be Flightless first Amyl and the Sniffers release, as they have signed to Flightless and we have not heard anything else. What does everyone else think?!

32 minutes ago, TheDuke said:

Mmmmm...baked beans! :)

They're fun for sure!  More interested in this update myself.

Studio News...

Cats outta the bag. New O.R.B isn't too far away.

I wonder if the periods in the name all of a sudden are because The Orb complained. 

5 hours ago, arumajiro 零 一つ said:

They're fun for sure!  More interested in this update myself.

Studio News...

Cats outta the bag. New O.R.B isn't too far away.

I wonder if the periods in the name all of a sudden are because The Orb complained. 

Same here..and the represses too, which I presume they'll be released sometime in Sept? The band is back in Europe touring for most of this month, so I'm hoping the PO for 12BB onwards, will start next month.

I had assumed that it was initialled to begin with, perhaps they just forgot to add the dots! Mind you...the other Babe Rainbow band don't seemed to be too concerned that there's a similarly named Aussie band. 

I see this new Baked Beans band is fronted by the drummer from The Murlocs. I had wondered if they would have to do something else, whilst their front man was busy touring the world over with Gizz this year. I can't see a new Murlocs album coming out this year, unless FLT036 isn't a flightless release of Poly, that some are assuming. I'm guessing FLT 040 is O.R.B's new album, and 042 is Amyl and the Sniffers, presumably.

Edited by TheDuke

23 hours ago, GrapplesInStereo said:

Where do you sign up for their email list?

Well, in my case, I got a subscription pop up on their Flightless site, which I sign up to. So check the site and see if you get a pop up, Otherwise you may be able to sign up via their FB page?  These  emails only started a few months ago, after the fallout of the FB scandal, presumably cos they intend to ditch their FB page? I recall the first email I got from Flightless....the opening line said:

"Facebook is dead, Instagram is over, Zucker is done. This is where the news is gonna be."

Quite a bold statement to make in one's debut news email!

Edited by TheDuke

3 hours ago, TheDuke said:

Well, in my case, I got a subscription pop up on their Flightless site, which I sign up to. So check the site and see if you get a pop up, Otherwise you may be able to sign up via their FB page?  These  emails only started a few months ago, after the fallout of the FB scandal, presumably cos they intend to ditch their FB page? I recall the first email I got from Flightless....the opening line said:

"Facebook is dead, Instagram is over, Zucker is done. This is where the news is gonna be."

Quite a bold statement to make in one's debut news email!

Thanks for the advice. No pop up for me. The hunt continues. I’d love to get this stuff when they start releasing it, but I’ve got a feeling I’m totally going to miss out. Anyone with a link to a signup page for their email list, please feel free to share. 

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 6:44 PM, GrapplesInStereo said:

Thanks for the advice. No pop up for me. The hunt continues. I’d love to get this stuff when they start releasing it, but I’ve got a feeling I’m totally going to miss out. Anyone with a link to a signup page for their email list, please feel free to share. 

Keep watching the flightless website & Fb pages, plus Pirate Press's job sheet, just type FLT in the box:  http://orders.piratespress.com/orders/ext/index

I doubt most of us will miss out on these, on account of the pressing numbers of those represses, the highest being 5000 & 2000 copies, by the looks of things. The band clearly intend to make sure the majority of fans get a copy. As for the other non Gizz releases, well the smaller numbers might sell out quickly, but generally from my experience, other band's releases tend to take a while to sell out. Leah Senior's latest album has been available for over a year now, still not sold out. Even The Babe Rainbow, hasn't sold out as quickly as Flightless seemed to think it would!

Tried to find a suitable link for the newsletter, but can't find one atm. One other suggestion you could try, & dunno if you've bought from Flightless before, but I recall getting a prompt to sign up to the newsletter after placing my order for The Babe Rainbow's album. Maybe buy something from them and see if that 'get's you in! Don't blame me if doesn't though! :D

Edited by TheDuke

Just had a look on PP job status sheet, looks like they've finished one variant of FLT042, so it does look like that'll be for Baked Beans & FLT041 is Amyl & The Sniffers, as the band has supported Gizz quite a lot this year, so they'll more likely to sell more copies.  I don't think FLT036 is for Poly, I think that'll be ORB. FLT040 I still think will be a new Gizz album. I guess we'll all find out tomorrow what Baked Beans' is, in the morning, or if you're in Blighty, very very late! :D

Edited by TheDuke