Flightless Records - New Releases and Reissues

1 hour ago, youspinmeround said:

New Orb record up at 9am Australian time. Release date Sept 7

Wish I knew if Castle Face was doing it and I would just order that and save about 2/3rds the price

I'm gonna wait for a CF pressing to be announced. Can't imagine that there won't be one (or if not that there won't be another US or UK label that does it).

Edit: Actually maybe there won't be one. Just seen a repose by Orb on their IG page when asked if there will be a CF pressing for the US they responded "Flightless is now a worldwide force". So we will need to see when order details cone out. Maybe they will have different distribution for US/EU/UK going forward and not ship all from Aus?

Edited by craigeduk

3 hours ago, youspinmeround said:

New Orb record up at 9am Australian time. Release date Sept 7

Wish I knew if Castle Face was doing it and I would just order that and save about 2/3rds the price

My body is ready. Seems like the PO time is 7PM  Thursday EST meaning 4PM for West Coasters.

@craigeduk I think the safest bet is to PO a Flightless copy. Hopefully it's as you say and the shipping costs will be less. Hopefully they secured a deal like Rough Trade has with Secretly Canadian

3 hours ago, craigeduk said:

I'm gonna wait for a CF pressing to be announced. Can't imagine that there won't be one (or if not that there won't be another US or UK label that does it).

Edit: Actually maybe there won't be one. Just seen a repose by Orb on their IG page when asked if there will be a CF pressing for the US they responded "Flightless is now a worldwide force". So we will need to see when order details cone out. Maybe they will have different distribution for US/EU/UK going forward and not ship all from Aus?

As soon as I saw the third 7500 presses o thought of the fact some had mentioned flightless was going "international" before. I presume a limited amount of the 7500 will be maybe sold on flightless store. No doubt the lion's share will be provided to worldwide distributors like fab to be ordered by local stores. My thoughts at least. 

On 8/25/2018 at 1:25 AM, TheDuke said:

Some new additions to Pirate Press job status page, regarding those represses, it seems there are also going to be another repress of 7500 copies of each of the first 4 albums and also of FLT040. I'm wondering if that's Willoughby's Beach, seeing as that hasn't been released via Flightless before? So it nows looks to be over 14K copies of each album...….but that's only less than 10% of followers Gizz has on the FB page!

Have a look for yaselves, type FLT in the search box:

http://orders.piratespress.com/orders/ext/index

Also.....no sign of that 3rd variant of Baked Beans album up yet.

I’m thinking that the 7500 is just a big bunch of good ol’ black wax, but who knows.

Would be fab if they arrange some EU distribution to reduce the shipping costs.

6 hours ago, TheDuke said:

Yeh got the email from Flightless, as some have mentioned above....I hope they'll be a Euro distributor for these, it is expensive getting them from Flightless. If it doesn't look as Castleface will be doing a ORB variant this time around, then what about ATO, me wonders? Until Eric sets up his plan of a US Flightless store (and perhaps a UK one too?), ATO seems to be the main US distributor for Flightless releases.....with a few exceptions.

Ato is not a distributor. They are a label who has usa rights to king gizzard. They don't sell or release any other flightless artist

Flightless Records and King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard are extremely excited to announce the re-issue of the first 5 titles from King Gizzard’s incredible back catalogue. Willoughby's Beach, 12 Bar Bruise, Eyes Like The Sky, Float Along - Fill Your Lungs & Oddments will all be reissued on 12" vinyl for the first time with re-imagined artwork, packaging, liner notes and wax colours. 
A limited edition pre-order (listed below) will be available from
14th September 2018 at 9am AEST.
There will also be standard editions in stores worldwide from
November 2nd, 2018

Pre-order goes live Friday 14th September, 2018 @ 9am AEST.
www.flightlessrecords.com 

FLT-001R: 12 Bar Bruise
‘Muckraker Edition’ limited to 5000 copies worldwide. 

FLT-005R: Eyes Like The Sky    
‘Gun Smoke Edition’ limited to 5000 copies worldwide. 

FLT-006R: Float Along - Fill Your Lungs
‘Kale & Banana Smoothie Edition’ limited to 5000 copies worldwide.

FLT-009R: Oddments
‘Hot Wax Edition’ limited to 5000 copies worldwide. 

FLT-040: Willoughby’s Beach EP
‘Ocean Death 12” Edition’ limited to 5000 copies worldwide. 

8 minutes ago, youspinmeround said:

is the limited to 5k and than available elsewhere worldwide or the whole pressing of 5k?

i take it that each of the listed variants are 5k each available via their site only and then the standard edition (black or another colour) available in stores is on top of the 5k

edit: Looking at the pirate press link each title has an additional 7.5k run being done which i guess is the standard version, on top of the 5k thats been announced here and a smaller 2k run (possibly gizzfest)

Edited by craigeduk