Flightless Records - New Releases and Reissues

1 hour ago, zdkaiser said:

ATO posted they have the reissues and will be shipping them on 11/2. No mention of variants but "more details to come."

I'll probably skip the AUS versions due to shipping costs. 

Thanks for the tip. Ill definitely be passing on the preorder from flightless. The shipping to the States really is unreal. 

If I cared about having LPs as collectors items that I'll eventually sell (which I do not).... spending that much money on LPs with pressings of 5k each seems like a bad investment. With that many floating around out there, these will probably be available on Discogs for less than retail price shortly after release.

2 hours ago, GrapplesInStereo said:

Thanks for the tip. Ill definitely be passing on the preorder from flightless. The shipping to the States really is unreal. 

I’m really getting the feeling that there will be 5K special editions of each release that will only be sold through flightless.   There will also be standard editions distributed by ATO and others.   I hope I’m wrong as I’d also love to not have to pay for AUS shipping too

8 hours ago, OldKentuckyShark said:

I’m really getting the feeling that there will be 5K special editions of each release that will only be sold through flightless.   There will also be standard editions distributed by ATO and others.   I hope I’m wrong as I’d also love to not have to pay for AUS shipping too

It seems hard to believe they'd be pressing a run on some of these that is larger and in addition to the 5K.  Pretty happy that we'll be able to scoop these up State side though without breaking the bank on postage.  

15 hours ago, TheDuke said:

Yeah only 2 showed up at first, then that tri color popped up. Liking the Blood Moon variant too. Looks like this is FLT041, not the Baked Beans debut, which must be FLT042 then, going by Pirate Press's figures. This is the 2 x 1000 & 1x 500 variants. But I coulda sworn I could see FLT041 on the centre labels of the BB variants....seems not the case.

I'm guessing then, that FLT036 is not Poly as presumed, but will be Amyl & the Sniffers new album.

It definitely had FLT-041 in the pictures, those I presume were generated for them by Pirates Press, so perhaps they put the wrong catalog number on the mock-up? Because ORB does make a lot more send as the FLT-041 and the number seems to add up with FLT-042 being Baked Beans.. I am still a little confused by FLT-036, I am unsure why they originally passed it over and then decided to use it, perhaps it will be Amyl

24 minutes ago, GazHilarant said:

little confused by FLT-036, I am unsure why they originally passed it over and then decided to use it, perhaps it will be Amyl

This happens literally all the time. Often, it means a band's album/single/whatever it happens to be was, as far as the label assumed/knew, scheduled to be released at a certain time, then got delayed (for a variety of reasons like "band drama" or "we scrapped our studio sessions").

Edited by arumajiro 零 一つ

On 8/30/2018 at 9:18 PM, craigeduk said:

"Flightless is now a worldwide force". 

Funny how a stupidly vague statement like this ends up being a lie & pure bluster/hype. Shipping for the ORB is prohibitively expensive, as always.

I'm hoping a local store carries Flightless stuff from now on. Otherwise, I'm out on the label as a whole. 40 bucks for a single LP that doesn't have, like, a gold-plated cover, is highway robbery.

17 minutes ago, arumajiro 零 一つ said:

Funny how a stupidly vague statement like this ends up being a lie & pure bluster/hype. Shipping for the ORB is prohibitively expensive, as always.

I'm hoping a local store carries Flightless stuff from now on. Otherwise, I'm out on the label as a whole. 40 bucks for a single LP that doesn't have, like, a gold-plated cover, is highway robbery.

I believe the idea is to distribute in worldwide, so we would actually see releases in North America and Europe on the shelves of our local stores, it is certainly a tough pill to swallow when a new album is $70.00 AUS shipped. However it makes me wonder, even with a distribution network, will they be extremely pricey at local stores as well? if that is the case ill just buy the more limited version direct from flightless thank you very much ;)

39 minutes ago, arumajiro 零 一つ said:

20 minutes ago, GazHilarant said:

I believe the idea is to distribute in worldwide, so we would actually see releases in North America and Europe on the shelves of our local stores, it is certainly a tough pill to swallow when a new album is $70.00 AUS shipped. However it makes me wonder, even with a distribution network, will they be extremely pricey at local stores as well? if that is the case ill just buy the more limited version direct from flightless thank you very much ;)

Responses to questions on IG have been that Flightless pressings (presumably the more standard versions of each release) will be in stores worldwide

40 minutes ago, GazHilarant said:

I saw the Gumboot Flightless pumpkin spice pressing at a local shop in Kansas City for $35. So not that pricey, I suppose.

4 minutes ago, TheDuke said:

interesting that Flightless will be selling the larger 5000 variants though, as it appears the more ltd 2000 variant will be the worldwide variant.....for those that are interested in getting the more exclusive release, can wait for those to made available. And those that don't care about such things, and just want the music, the standard commercial black variant, (7500 copies?), should be cheap enough.

No word from Heavenly on these represses, as of yet.

I think the one available in stores worldwide is probably is the 7500 variant (colour unknown/black), the 2000 variant will likely be another webstore version or available at shows/Gizzfest