Flightless Records - New Releases and Reissues

So it looks like most people are unhappy with the new redesign for Eyes Like the Sky, the original was amazing artwork. I like the new one as well though! It looks like Float Along and Oddments have not been changed at all, or if they have it's a minor change, I think the best, most exciting thing they could add is adding Anglesea to Willoughby's Beach, which I am sure they could as it is now a 12", I doubt they will though :(. 

2 minutes ago, pepperonigin said:

As someone slowly discovering their back catalog, can anybody recommend one or two from this batch of five that are your favorites or "must haves"? I definitely can't spring for all of them but don't want to miss the boat on something worth picking up.

That's a really hard call..... I mean there are all quite different.. Float Along Fill Your Lungs is probably the one that is an absolute must.. 

Eyes Like the Sky is a really, really unique album, it's when I got into the band. 12 Bar is very good, quite psychedelic, oddments is kind of like Gumboot, all songs that didn't really fit on the other albums, has the best artwork by far though.  

1 hour ago, pepperonigin said:

As someone slowly discovering their back catalog, can anybody recommend one or two from this batch of five that are your favorites or "must haves"? I definitely can't spring for all of them but don't want to miss the boat on something worth picking up.

Yeah, I'd kind of second what Gaz said.  They're a variety of style.  Oddments is probably my least favorite of these.  12 Bar and Willoughby's are my must gets, but will be picking up Eye Like the Sky too.  But I'd just recommend listening to them and seeing which ones you like best.

7 hours ago, aopps42 said:

Yeah, I'd kind of second what Gaz said.  They're a variety of style.  Oddments is probably my least favorite of these.  12 Bar and Willoughby's are my must gets, but will be picking up Eye Like the Sky too.  But I'd just recommend listening to them and seeing which ones you like best.

I echo this as well- all about preference. I like float along and oddiments the best, while others here swear by their later records. I'm glad kgatlw has changed it up so much

I don’t think anyone knows for certain what the ATO pressings will be and there isn’t likely to be an announcement until after the Flightless drop.

The facts as they stand:

- Flightless will carry the /5000 variants, dropping at 9AM AEST

- There are smaller pressings of each record (/1000 for WB, 2000 for the rest). Part of me wouldn’t be surprised if these appeared on the Flightless website as well (either as the /5000 variants sell out or as a wildcard 2nd variant which would no doubt cause chaos). Alternatively these may be ATO editions to be announced later.

- There is also a “Promo” pressing of /10, presumably tests although they could be distributed to ATO for giveaways as they’ve done this in the past

- Finally there is a much larger pressing of 7500 for each release. My guess is either black or a retail variant for these ones.

Good luck all!

17 minutes ago, spoon said:

I don’t think anyone knows for certain what the ATO pressings will be and there isn’t likely to be an announcement until after the Flightless drop.

The facts as they stand:

- Flightless will carry the /5000 variants, dropping at 9AM AEST

- There are smaller pressings of each record (/1000 for WB, 2000 for the rest). Part of me wouldn’t be surprised if these appeared on the Flightless website as well (either as the /5000 variants sell out or as a wildcard 2nd variant which would no doubt cause chaos). Alternatively these may be ATO editions to be announced later.

- There is also a “Promo” pressing of /10, presumably tests although they could be distributed to ATO for giveaways as they’ve done this in the past

- Finally there is a much larger pressing of 7500 for each release. My guess is either black or a retail variant for these ones.

Good luck all!

What does WB mean?

9 minutes ago, TheDuke said:

I'm still wondering, whom or when those 1000 (WB) & 2000 variants will be available. I wouldn't think Flightless would do 2 variants of each, given the large number they're about the release....so maybe ATO are getting those smaller quantities, perhaps?

Hard to say, I mean they also have the 7500 number kicking around as well... very curious.. ATO also used the word "Assisting" so I don't know if perhaps they will simply be a proxy distribute for the flightless releases? who knows, guy on facebook said his local shop had information in regard to ATO reissues, I have my ship check and nothing comes up yet.  

Edited by GazHilarant
correcting phone grammmmar

5 minutes ago, TheDuke said:

I'm still wondering, whom or when those 1000 (WB) & 2000 variants will be released. I wouldn't think Flightless would do 2 variants of each, given the large number they're about the release, would they? Perhaps, the smaller quantities are for ATO , maybe?

ATO would get their own copies pressed,