Flightless Records - New Releases and Reissues

12 hours ago, TheDuke said:

Aye, seen those thanks, not bad prices too, around £120 for the set & postage. But I'm gonna wait & see what these 2nd Flightless represses are like first. Pirate Press are close to completing production of those, so we could see those go up on Flightless's store soon. Mind you, there's still reasonable quantities of the first represses of 4 of the albums on Flightless remaining. Eyes still have around 200 copies, Oddments 350 or so, 12 Bar and WB still have loads remaining, plus whatever was kept back, as I don't think all of them went up on the (2nd!) PO day..so maybe Eric won't put these up until they've gone first.

You can pick them up on amazon for £18 each at the moment

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07J3H1F2V/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1539349778&sr=1-1&keywords=king+gizzard+%26+the+lizard+wizard&refinements=p_n_binding_browse-bin%3A382539011

4 hours ago, TheDuke said:

fairly certainthis edition is limited to 2000 copies each album, bar WB which is 1000. But I could be wrong.

nothing at all yet to indicate that the further pressing numbers were any different colours, at this point its looking like they are more runs of these solid colours given how many places have them for sale

• 2 weeks later...

Received 2 ORBs & 2 KGizz LPs today (separate packages). Though the boxes looked a lil beat, the albums are perfect. In fact, since first ordering from them during the Nonagon preorder, these are the first Flightless  records I've had arrive without any bumped corners. Gizz box included the catalog sheet described upthread, a "Great Flightless Crash" bumper sticker, and 2 smaller blue "Gizzverse Confirmed" stickers. 

1 hour ago, armadillo01 said:

Tfw Royal Mail goes to shit after it becomes privatized for no good reason after 400+ years of being a public service. Almost as if privatization = mediocrity in the name of profit maximization.

Personally haven't noticed one slightest bit of difference in service in the 5 years since it went private! 

8 hours ago, TheDuke said:

Postal services in the US, seem to get a bit of stick,  judging by comments I read, on here and other sites/forums. What's the issue there...just shoddy service and lack of care?

Dunno. The US is huge, and  postal service quality seems to vary within. That said, I buy a lot of records through the mail, and domestic parcels almost always arrive intact. While ordering from overseas is a bit  more risky, I’ve only rarely had issues, usually with parcels that have travelled a long, long way...

Like from Orstralia, f’rinstance. It’s not just Flightless, neither. Rarely does a box fromunda arrive unbeat. Can’t tell if the fault lies with the origin post, some international middleman, US customs, quotidian trouble distribution, or what.