PO Now: Circa Survive - Blue Sky Noise (2018 Repress)

I did grab a clear splatter, without having been able to see the 'blue' everyone was saying - now that I see it, it's the tiniest difference. Always astounded at this kinda stuff. Of course I guess we'll see when they arrive.

Never grabbed the OG because I wasn't huge on the album at first, looks like sleeping wasn't the worst thing to do in terms of sound quality.

I predict, after $48k worth of vinyl sales in an hour or so, more variants will be put up with due haste.  Of the 3+ they'll list, 1 will be /~300, and all </1000. The /300 will sell out instantly, and the others will linger for a time.

However, after many holier-than-thou fans complain that they didn't get the most limited, there will be several cancelled orders and the original 2 will be restocked. 

Because of the additional variant orders, the plant will fuck everything up and we'll all end up with some muddled, brownish, marble color. 

1 minute ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

I predict, after $48k worth of vinyl sales in an hour or so, more variants will be put up with due haste.  Of the 3+ they'll list, 1 will be /~300, and all </1000. The /300 will sell out instantly, and the others will linger for a time.

However, after many holier-than-thou fans complain that they didn't get the most limited, there will be several cancelled orders and the original 2 will be restocked. 

Because of the additional variant orders, the plant will fuck everything up and we'll all end up with some muddled, brownish, marble color. 

The only thing I realized about more variants is, unless they have already pressed them, they will be a longer preorder.  Seems like they are at the end of waiting for these two because they're supposed to ship early next month.  If they have to order more variants, people won't see them until December.

Just now, highfives said:

The only thing I realized about more variants is, unless they have already pressed them, they will be a longer preorder.  Seems like they are at the end of waiting for these two because they're supposed to ship early next month.  If they have to order more variants, people won't see them until December.

I don’t listen to Circa much these days, but I’d grab a baby blue / white merge (swirl) /300, in a heartbeat.

Just now, highfives said:

You're right. I'm just being silly/ realistic 

I'm not sure if Hopless bought the rights to own this recording, but I'm assuming they just paid to license it, and most the time if a label pays to license a recording the original owner can put stipulations on how many units can be pressed, I'm fairly certain I read that in another thread on here so it's possible it won't get more variants

5 minutes ago, CatsNJazz said:

I'm not sure if Hopless bought the rights to own this recording, but I'm assuming they just paid to license it, and most the time if a label pays to license a recording the original owner can put stipulations on how many units can be pressed, I'm fairly certain I read that in another thread on here so it's possible it won't get more variants

if i recall correctly, they purchased the rights for this as WMG (atlantic) had sold them off to a company in Europe, which they had to track down and purchase the rights back. I could be wrong, but thats what the merch guy told me. 

7 minutes ago, famousdrumer said:

if i recall correctly, they purchased the rights for this as WMG (atlantic) had sold them off to a company in Europe, which they had to track down and purchase the rights back. I could be wrong, but thats what the merch guy told me. 

I usually tend to believe merch people. Once the nice Modest Mouse merch lady told me they were working on reissues of their first 2 LPs. No one believed me/ her. They did. We all bought em. They're still readily available to purchase.

Just now, Fowty Dollaz said:

I usually tend to believe merch people. Once the nice Modest Mouse merch lady told me they were working on reissues of their first 2 LPs. No one believed me/ her. They did. We all bought em. They're still readily available to purchase.

about 8-9 months ago i started telling people that they were going to repress this in 2018, from the merch guy info, no one believed me. and here we are. the one day i dont check VC and this happens. fingers crossed there are more, i dont even care what the variant is.