PO Now: Circa Survive - Blue Sky Noise (2018 Repress)

13 minutes ago, Buffbloom said:

Jokes aside, I am also a collector and I always care which variant I get, value, etc.  The FOMO is strong with me.

I definitely feel that. I sometimes get defensive when people ask why I care about scarcity, value, etc. People tend to think I am just a flipper.  The honest truth is I’m overly obsessive with wax :P

13 minutes ago, Buffbloom said:

The OG Deluxe of this was gatefold.  Dunno why they decided against it for this.

Well the OG Deluxe had separate artwork, so it probably wasn’t as simple as just copying the gatefold. But I agree that a 2xLP release should be gatefold. No matter how sturdy or solid quality a sleeve is, 2 records in one always seems like too much.

I’m glad to hear this pressing sounds good though. May have to pick this up to compare to my OG deluxe.

Edited by dapeebs

1 hour ago, Buffbloom said:

The OG Deluxe of this was gatefold.  Dunno why they decided against it for this.

The delux OG also had completely different artwork. I think that makes that pressing unique. I thankfully got that from someone on the boards here for an amazing price and I still thank them for that. 

3 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I've somehow never heard any of this album before spinning it just now. Sounds good, but I have nothing to compare it to.

41 minutes ago, Daiei said:

New to Circa or just skipped this album?

Favorite band...highly recommend their entire discography.

Alternatively, I recommend stopping at this album. Least favorite of the first three, and after that it was all downhill as far as I'm concerned. The Amulet was ok.

6 hours ago, Daiei said:

New to Circa or just skipped this album?

Favorite band...highly recommend their entire discography.

I'm an old school fan who got into them because I was into This Day Forward. Saw them on the On Letting Go release tour and saw Anthony Green play a NYE solo show at the First Unitarian back in 07. Just kinda stopped listening to then and didn't hear anything they did after OLG. Checked out The Amulet when it came out, thought it was ok, so I figured I'd check this out.

Just did a track by track back to back listen and struggled to find anything audibly different in the BSN Digital Remasters (and I'd like to think I have some pretty good headphones for this kind of thing). So for anyone who has the listened to the Digital Remasters - Can anyone point me to some good timestamps that are distinct differences from the original digital release?

1 hour ago, Justinadamk said:

Just did a track by track back to back listen and struggled to find anything audibly different in the BSN Digital Remasters (and I'd like to think I have some pretty good headphones for this kind of thing). So for anyone who has the listened to the Digital Remasters - Can anyone point me to some good timestamps that are distinct differences from the original digital release?

I did that same. I’m convinced it’s just the original files. 

12 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Try not to be too jealous everyone, but I just realized I got TWO identical inserts.

Double insert variant /1. $300 to the first Circa variant collector that hits me up.

Only if it's the one with the splatter. If it is, I'll give you $301.

18 minutes ago, tetsuodaironman said:

So, this was like $16 through many different retailers and two days ago importCDs still had copies, but I just got paid today. Went to go buy it and now all retailers have it on back order. Anyone have a lead on this?

You could give this a shot....

http://vvinyl.com/shop/790692247516?search=blue sky noise