7. Eyeshine...................11:03

8. Diablerie..................05:20

9. Feather......................13:31

Release Date: October 5, 2018

PRESSING INFO:

First Press

2800 x Black Standard Gram *North American Exclusive*

2000 x Purple Standard Gram *UK / European Exclusive*

500 x Swamp Green *US Indie Retailer Exclusive* (Not available through Relapse.com)

500 x Coke Bottle Green with Purple and White Splatter Standard Gram *Band Tour Exclusive* (Not available through Relapse.com)

500 x Mint Green and Baby Blue Merge Standard Gram *Relapse.com Exclusive*

400 x Electric Blue with Baby Pink, White and Mint Green Splatter Standard Gram *Relapse.com Exclusive*

100 x Baby Blue Standard Gram *Canada Retailer Exclusive* (Not available through Relapse.com)

300 x Olive Green and Deep Purple Merge with Bronze, Swamp Green and Mint Green Splatter Standard Gram *Relapse.com Exclusive* (Housed in deluxe boxset)

100 x Royal Blue, White and Purple Tri Color Merge with White Splatter Standard Gram *Relapse.com Exclusive* (Housed in deluxe, serialized boxset)

100 x Clear (Not available to the public - Friends of band and label only)

Eternal Return, the fourth full length from Richmond, Virginia's heavy psychedelic quartet WINDHAND represents a new era for the group, a chrysalis moment that takes them to new and unforeseen heights. Across nine songs and 63 minutes, Eternal Return is an infectious display of songcraft cloaked in alluring atmosphere, molten fuzz, eerie psychedelia and ethereal vocals. The album was once again produced by Jack Endino (Nirvana, Soundgarden) with vivid artwork by Arik Roper (Sleep, High on Fire). Equally informed by heavy, fuzzed-out psych along with the iconic grunge / alternative groups of the 90s,WINDHAND have crafted a record brilliant in scope, powerful in execution, and perfect for an era of increasingly blurry yet still heavy borders.

Edited by mcpherson123

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, mcpherson123 said:

I jumped on it with the quickness. You never know how quickly those high-demand black variants will disappear regardless of quantity....

Well, of course you were gobbling that sweet black vinyl. ; )

That was probably politically incorrect if you're sober or not. Wut.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Ishtar said:

I'll have to give it another listen I guess

Honestly, this album sounds more robust to me than Grief's Infernal Flower ever did. Something was always kind of flat to me about that album. This one is much fuller and definitely is dynamic to my ear. Could just be something in the way you're playing it back. I don't know. It could simply be a dud copy that didn't press out ideally. 

5 hours ago, mcpherson123 said:

Honestly, this album sounds more robust to me than Grief's Infernal Flower ever did. Something was always kind of flat to me about that album. This one is much fuller and definitely is dynamic to my ear. Could just be something in the way you're playing it back. I don't know. It could simply be a dud copy that didn't press out ideally. 

Right on. I'll have to listen to it again in a different format (pretty sure it isn't a playback issue since nothing else recently has sounded so flat to me.)

Thanks for properly responding to my question rather than just "assuring me [...] it crushes."

21 minutes ago, ZeroNowhere said:

And sorry to hear your Crosley is giving you issues.  May be time to order another plastic needle on Amazon.  Good luck, big guy.

Cool, cool. I may not have the most expensive setup in the world, but I am at least running a Pro-Ject Carbon Debut DC. Thanks for confirming my initial suspicions that you're a dickhole though.

The difference between how you and @mcpherson123 responded is that he actually acted like there was a person on the other end of the comment who was asking a real question because of how something sounded to them. Just responding pretty much "mine fuckin' rips dude," doesn't really help at all and it should be clear that's not what I'm asking. The first time you said it I was like, ok, cool, so here is what I'm hearing, and you just double down with essentially "nah, you're wrong."

Motherfucker, I know what I'm hearing. I tried being polite to you because I know you're a person.  Now though, fuck off.

51 minutes ago, Ishtar said:

Right on. I'll have to listen to it again in a different format (pretty sure it isn't a playback issue since nothing else recently has sounded so flat to me.)

Thanks for properly responding to my question rather than just "assuring me [...] it crushes."

This is one of those difficult things to deal with because of course you know what different LP's sound like on your set up and there are so many factors that could alter what you're hearing on the LP's that you're already familiar with and if you play a new LP that you've never heard, you might be expecting something that it doesn't provide, or you legitimately could be experiencing a copy that doesn't reproduce the frequencies as well as it was meant to. Like I said, there are times when a particular copy of an LP can just be one of a small batch that didn't press out nicely. Its such a physical and delicate process of mass pressing records that you never know if something just got wonky at some point and you are the unfortunate soul who got a "bad one."

I will say that the cartridge and needle and the sturdiness of the turntable all do play a factor in how well the sound will reproduce in playback because its the sonic signature of the frequencies that make up the acoustical information which is basically "frozen" physically in the form of plastic and those grooves are basically like ocean waves that he needle is being jostled by and then vibrating in sympathy with. There is the very real possibility that the particular mix of this record is of a complexity or specific set of sonic qualities that your needle or cartridge may simply not be equipped to translate to the most accurate of this particular LP's acoustical voicing. The mixing or mastering may be such a way that is honed in to a certain frequency bandwidth that your cartridge isn't capable of reading as well as it reads for other records. Windhand have a weird sound. Their style is made up of some pretty ridiculous fuzz guitar frenzy and I've found mixed results from each album in the way that that sound is committed to tape and then mixed. Going back to my last comment, I found that the way that sound was either recorded or mixed on the last album, was really lacking in punch. I've come to terms with the sound of that record and still find that the whole thing sounds better to me on vinyl than on CD or streaming but my initial reaction to that album's mix was that  I didn't like it and it was below my standards for Windhand and how they are capable of sounding.

The speakers you are using may also not be equipped to reproduce the particular frequency bandwidth unique to this record's final mix and master. And this is probably the likeliest reason why you are missing something in your perception of the playback but admittedly I have no idea what speakers or exact model of turntable/cartridge you are using.

30 minutes ago, ZeroNowhere said:

Awww....didn't think I was going to ruffle your feathers so much with my response.  Glad I did, it's hilarious.  I told you the system I had and that it sounded good.  I didn't realize you needed a dissertation on the dynamics and how it sounded compared to everything else in their catalog.  I figured a simple response would make you go back and maybe try to tweak something on your system.  I was enjoying the moment of listening to the album while responding to you.  Now I know that you're a douche and if you don't receive responses exactly to your liking, you turn into a passive aggressive child.  Kindly, go fuck yourself.  Cheers!:wub:

I'm not going to entertain this anymore. I responded ded perfectly nicely to your initial responses even though they weren't helpful, or even very friendly. I gently called you out in my response to the other dude who was helpful, hoping you'd see it and think about your response a little bit. 

I didn't get aggressive with you until you took a shot at me. Get a life, dude, tryiv to troll people on the internet will never fill the empty hole in your life.