PO: Windhand - Eternal Return on Relapse [10/5/18]

11 hours ago, Ishtar said:

I've never seen this site before but the information seems very interesting. Is this essentially saying that the Windhand record is highly compressed?

1 minute ago, bubb4 said:

I've never seen this site before but the information seems very interesting. Is this essentially saying that the Windhand record is highly compressed?

It can mean that, yes.

There are some other factors that go into it beyond just compression, but overall this album has a pretty low dynamic range.

I put that link to Sleep - Holy Mountain album in there for comparison because it's another album that is pretty low-end heavy, but still has a high DR rating, and the new Nothing album because everyone complained about how flat and compressed it sounded, but it's minimally worse than this record is.

I just found the site last night, but it seems very interesting. I'll be visiting it a lot.

And actually, if you search Sleep - Holy Mountain, they've got DR for the latest reissue, the OG, and the Earache copy (which was panned pretty much across the board for compression) and the Earache copy really shows how much worse it was.