PO: Toad the Wet Sprocket - Fear & Dulcinea

Just now, Pupples said:

It never worked

Yeah, I called MusicToday, and they refused to apply the coupon to my order.

While the e-mail does have the “some exclusions may apply” asterisk, it does not list the exclusions. 

What does that mean? Everything?

I did not cancel because I have wanted “Dulcinea” for a long time, and also wanted a copy of the new LP,  but really shady business practices if you ask me.

I have had my issues with MusicToday in the past, like selling “premium” concert tickets in the back row...etc.

I wish this band was not working with them. <_<

29 minutes ago, Plarocks said:

Yeah, I called MusicToday, and they refused to apply the coupon to my order.

While the e-mail does have the “some exclusions may apply” asterisk, it does not list the exclusions. 

What does that mean? Everything?

I did not cancel because I have wanted “Dulcinea” for a long time, and also wanted a copy of the new LP,  but really shady business practices if you ask me.

I have had my issues with MusicToday in the past, like selling “premium” concert tickets in the back row...etc.

I wish this band was not working with them. <_<

I agree

1 hour ago, hookedonsonics said:

Man i've had the page open all day debating whether to hit purchase or not.... $50 is SO steep for a single lp with no liner notes or anything else sweetening the deal, but damn I love these records....

Don’t delay or you will regret it. Just buy them 

My problem is I want this in a $10-15 impulse buy from the Amazon deals thread kinda way. I like a lot of the songs and I'd love to have it on vinyl, but it's just not something I need for fifty fucking bucks.

I just grabbed Sunn 0))) White 1&2 for $50 combined...and I'm pretty sure those are both 2xLPs

11 hours ago, Plarocks said:

Some of the MusicToday stuff does NOT show up at other retailers. 

John Butler Trio “Heritage,” and The Killers Christmas album....BOTH times.

However, if I see this now on Bull Moose for $23.98, I am going to smack myself on the forehead. :rolleyes:

I second this motion! I will be pissed if this hits the retailers. I have a feeling that it won’t based on what the band had to put into this quality pressing ($$) but you never know. 

On 7/23/2018 at 7:32 PM, dawhizz said:

Got my copies. 

How'd you get yours so soon? I still haven't even received shipping confirmation yet. Guess it depends on the shipping method chosen and when you ordered. Also how'd they ship it? USPS, FedEx, UPS?

Edited by whenicomearound

1 hour ago, whenicomearound said:

How'd you get yours so soon? I still haven't even received shipping confirmation yet. Guess it depends on the shipping method chosen and when you ordered. Also how'd they ship it? USPS, FedEx, UPS?

I was in the first batch of orders (before they sold out and went back up), which might have something to do with it. Pretty sure they were just sent USPS. 

12 minutes ago, Jimmarcucci said:

What is bothering me is the fact that they keep ordering more from the pressing plant. It’s gone off sale 2x now only to pop back up again today with a new ship date for the pre-order. No question that this is getting pressed in large quantities for a premium retail price. 

don't blame them. blame the dipshits in this thread paying $50 for a single lp and thus creating a demand they believe they can continue to take advantage of. 

14 hours ago, jrodan said:

don't blame them. blame the dipshits in this thread paying $50 for a single lp and thus creating a demand they believe they can continue to take advantage of. 

Phillips mentioned that the cost for both was like $30 each to repress due to many different factors including the label. He complained that he couldn’t make any money off of them and was risky to repress them in the first place. If it does ever dip in price the band may take some losses on the remaining lps.