PO: Toad the Wet Sprocket - Fear & Dulcinea

38 minutes ago, Jimmarcucci said:

Phillips mentioned that the cost for both was like $30 each to repress due to many different factors including the label. He complained that he couldn’t make any money off of them and was risky to repress them in the first place. If it does ever dip in price the band may take some losses on the remaining lps. 

Would love to hear these “many different factors” besides the label. I’m sure the licensing could have been bad due to them being young and naive and signing a bad contract with the label back in the day. But to say other factors contributed to a 50 fucking dollar single lp is straight up bullshit. We all know how much records cost to press. And it isn’t whatever wackadoo math that makes single lp releases half of a Benjamin. 

On 7/28/2018 at 10:32 AM, jrodan said:

Would love to hear these “many different factors” besides the label. I’m sure the licensing could have been bad due to them being young and naive and signing a bad contract with the label back in the day. But to say other factors contributed to a 50 fucking dollar single lp is straight up bullshit. We all know how much records cost to press. And it isn’t whatever wackadoo math that makes single lp releases half of a Benjamin. 

I hate that it’s still not sold out too. Did they order like 10k?? Damn

• 2 months later...

https://recordstoreday.com/SpecialRelease/10509

Even after picking up the recently 1LP represses of Fear and Dulcinea, I'm going to really want this, but I can't imagine the price will be doable for me considering they sold the single LPs for $50 each.  Worth noting that the 1LP represses sound really great, so it's going to be hard for even a 2LP repress to improve on them, IMO. 

7 hours ago, dawhizz said:

https://recordstoreday.com/SpecialRelease/10509

Even after picking up the recently 1LP represses of Fear and Dulcinea, I'm going to really want this, but I can't imagine the price will be doable for me considering they sold the single LPs for $50 each.  Worth noting that the 1LP represses sound really great, so it's going to be hard for even a 2LP repress to improve on them, IMO. 

Supposedly, the MSRP is only $109.99 which doesn't make much sense when they were selling the single LPs for $50 each.  Hoping this is true and I can score this set.

12 hours ago, thglif52 said:

Supposedly, the MSRP is only $109.99 which doesn't make much sense when they were selling the single LPs for $50 each.  Hoping this is true and I can score this set.

It's kind of a kick in the teeth to the people that just paid $50 a piece for the single LP of these. I balked at it and glad I did now, but do hope I can get the box.

I did just trip over this too, when looking up Toad. Didn't place an order, but looks like they may still be around.

https://www.shop.musictoday.com/dept/toad-the-wet-sprocket?cp=84119_95276_95723

• 3 months later...

This past Sunday I was at Looney Tunes in Long Island. It's the B+M arm of ETR and Brookvale Records I believe. Anyway, they had loose copies of both Dulcinea and Acoustic Dance Party, from the recent BF RSD boxset. I think ADP was $20 and I don't remember what Dulcinea was. They do sell on discogs, but wouldn't be able to sell these since there is no listing for these loose there. Should you want one, I'd suggest calling and they may be able to help you out. Don't know for sure, as I didn't ask.

https://ltcds.com/

47 minutes ago, danyc said:

This past Sunday I was at Looney Tunes in Long Island. It's the B+M arm of ETR and Brookvale Records I believe. Anyway, they had loose copies of both Dulcinea and Acoustic Dance Party, from the recent BF RSD boxset. I think ADP was $20 and I don't remember what Dulcinea was. They do sell on discogs, but wouldn't be able to sell these since there is no listing for these loose there. Should you want one, I'd suggest calling and they may be able to help you out. Don't know for sure, as I didn't ask.

Thanks. I remember something similar happening when the Mark Lanegsn boxed set came out, where you could get some individual albums from certain stores. 

Anyine gave both the recent individual reissues of Fear/Dulcinea also have the boxed set. I felt like my copies of the the individual reissues sounded pretty good, but curious about any opinions about the boxed set copies. 

2 hours ago, dawhizz said:

Thanks. I remember something similar happening when the Mark Lanegsn boxed set came out, where you could get some individual albums from certain stores. 

Anyine gave both the recent individual reissues of Fear/Dulcinea also have the boxed set. I felt like my copies of the the individual reissues sounded pretty good, but curious about any opinions about the boxed set copies. 

On the Hoffman forums, many raved on how the box set copies sounded better than the single LP issues.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/16/2019 at 3:19 PM, danyc said:

They had these on ebay in the last few days also. 

• 3 years later...