PO: Joyce Manor - Million Dollars To Kill Me (Preorder)

5 minutes ago, dynamitekid said:

This band is alright but I've never bought any of their albums. They are way too short. Those 10 songs are probably like 15 minutes tops.

This 100%. I keep telling myself that I'd scoop up their stuff when it's cheaper on the secondhand market, but I still haven't.

1 hour ago, H.R. Fucknstuff said:

Those who are put off by the brevity of their albums are really missing out. These guys are super fun and great songwriters too.

I don't think its put off as much as not getting my money's worth. I can listen on Spotify with my subscription or I can pay $25 to buy the vinyl when i'm only getting 15-20 minutes of music. Doesn't seem worth it to me. It is to other people but it isn't to me.

2 hours ago, dynamitekid said:

This band is alright but I've never bought any of their albums. They are way too short. Those 10 songs are probably like 15 minutes tops.

Listen to an Ovens/Tony Molina record then put on a Joyce Manor album and it will feel longer. Like dousing yourself with freezing hose water to make a cold pool feel warm.

1 hour ago, MCDELTAT said:

No it's a different drummer from the last album. The new drummer played in Spraynard, which is like my favorite small band.

So confusing. There's 5 dudes on the cover but only 4 on the ads for the tour. I want to see them next year in LA but fuck the Hollywood Palladium. Hopefully they play some smaller places later in the year. 

20 hours ago, glass realms said:

So confusing. There's 5 dudes on the cover but only 4 on the ads for the tour. I want to see them next year in LA but fuck the Hollywood Palladium. Hopefully they play some smaller places later in the year. 

I'm pretty sure he's just a friend of them or someone close to the band. Being on the cover doesn't say something really, Frances Quinlan appeared in NHA cover just for fun too

On 7/18/2018 at 4:57 PM, glass realms said:

It's so bizarre to me that they're playing the Palladium. Have they really got so big that they can fill that venue?

New song is alright. Cody didn't do much for me.

10 hours ago, DeathPeak said:

It's so bizarre to me that they're playing the Palladium. Have they really got so big that they can fill that venue?

New song is alright. Cody didn't do much for me.

They aren't super big, but in LA everyone love them. Plus with Jeff there, it'll probably be packed. They did that whole show at the Union Station in LA and I went to check out one of the days, crazy show.