PO NOW. ALKALINE TRIO. IS THIS THING CURSED?

It's honesty revolting for me personally when people go out of their way to advocate being screwed over and cop that defeatist crap. It's like "Keep your spineless, sycophantic, give-up-always, cowardly attitude the fuck away from me". 5-10 dollar markups since 2016 cannot be minimized as "inflation" just like record labels saying it's a measure to fight Discogs-enabled speculation is a total fucking fabrication too. And yet people are gullible enough to buy it.

For example, really glad I bought those Blank Banshee albums. Does the packaging justify them being $30 CAD each? Never in a million years. And the Discogs prices are hovering near 100 bucks. So anyone who thinks we should forego our freedom of speech rights because "that's just the way it is" is welcome to take their own advice and move to Russia while they're at it. You'd be the type of model citizen Putin wants.

1 hour ago, arumajiro 零 一つ said:

It's honesty revolting for me personally when people go out of their way to advocate being screwed over and cop that defeatist crap. It's like "Keep your spineless, sycophantic, give-up-always, cowardly attitude the fuck away from me". 5-10 dollar markups since 2016 cannot be minimized as "inflation" just like record labels saying it's a measure to fight Discogs-enabled speculation is a total fucking fabrication too. And yet people are gullible enough to buy it.

For example, really glad I bought those Blank Banshee albums. Does the packaging justify them being $30 CAD each? Never in a million years. And the Discogs prices are hovering near 100 bucks. So anyone who thinks we should forego our freedom of speech rights because "that's just the way it is" is welcome to take their own advice and move to Russia while they're at it. You'd be the type of model citizen Putin wants.

To be fair, $30 CAD is only $23ish USD which isn't crazy. But I agree with what you're saying in principle.

There is no way (what I'm assuming is) a single LP should cost over $30 even with shipping included. I felt like a dummy paying $32 shipped for a colored, double LP, import just yesterday.

Edited by Ishtar

Alkaline Trio (Is This Thing Cursed?) 180g Half Black/Half Red Vinyl

European Exclusive Colored Vinyl – Limited to 500

https://uk.kingsroadmerch.com/alkaline-trio/view/?id=12917&cid=1260

The opaque red w/ black smoke on the US site is very pretty tho :wub:

Edited by Skacel

4 hours ago, holyvacantsholyhell said:

Call the wahmbulance, and make sure it’s equipped with a time machine so this jabronie can go back to when records cost $10 a piece and he can alter the course of history so that inflation isn’t a concept :rolleyes:

Haha yeah dude vinyl is no old man’s game it’s like nut up or shut up lol just shell out that $30 for an LP or get the fuck out of here lmao can’t stand the heat get out of the kitchen you know what I mean haha fucking casuals dude probably not even down to pay $40 in 2020 what a joke when did everyone get to be so cheap holy shit

2 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Haha yeah dude vinyl is no old man’s game it’s like nut up or shut up lol just shell out that $30 for an LP or get the fuck out of here lmao can’t stand the heat get out of the kitchen you know what I mean haha fucking casuals dude probably not even down to pay $40 in 2020 what a joke when did everyone get to be so cheap holy shit

Hahahaha, fucking Derek. Always on point.

17 minutes ago, travis said:

haha Man, those must have been sitting there for so long. Hopefully it wasn't completely destroyed. Nice score though.

Yeah. Only 2 copies of any vinyl in the whole store. I kinda miss digging through the clearance records there.  But it was an easy NM/ VG+ sleeve. Couldn't pass it up. 

17 minutes ago, Lugubrious said:

Wow, so they sold 500 in less than an hour even though it was limited to 2 per customer?

I bought one. I'm sure there were several other fans who bought 1 and the other variants too. I just need the one copy. I'm currently only lacking remains and TA if anyone wants to help a brother round out his ALK3 studio recording collection.