PO NOW. ALKALINE TRIO. IS THIS THING CURSED?

Going to hijack this thread real quick since it's the only active Alkaline Trio thread...

But I just scored some used copies of Goddammit, Maybe I'll Catch Fire, and Alkaline Trio at my local shop in town...

Goddammit and Alkaline Trio sound great,

But Maybe I'll Catch Fire has a lot of surface noise and is just overall a lot quieter...

Looking at the vinyl itself there are no scratches, marks, etc...

Is this just the overall quality of the MICF pressing or did I somehow end up with a bunk copy?

Variant is the 7th pressing green with black smoke...
Many thanks for any info :)

1 hour ago, lungfutang said:

Going to hijack this thread real quick since it's the only active Alkaline Trio thread...

But I just scored some used copies of Goddammit, Maybe I'll Catch Fire, and Alkaline Trio at my local shop in town...

Goddammit and Alkaline Trio sound great,

But Maybe I'll Catch Fire has a lot of surface noise and is just overall a lot quieter...

Looking at the vinyl itself there are no scratches, marks, etc...

Is this just the overall quality of the MICF pressing or did I somehow end up with a bunk copy?

Variant is the 7th pressing green with black smoke...
Many thanks for any info :)

email asian man, see what they can do for ya 

"

This is an update on Alkaline Trio – Is This Thing Cursed? Vinyl pre-orders, due for release Oct 19

Unfortunately the stock is running late from the suppliers.

Red/Smoke and Red Vinyl – coming from Kings Road Merch USA – orders are now due to ship on Monday 22nd October

Black and Bone Vinyl – coming from Warner Music Australia – orders are now due to ship on Monday 29th October

We do apologise for the delay, we understand it’s already been a long wait for the vinyl version of this album.

Your patience is appreciated and we will ship your orders as soon as the stock arrives.

Artist First // Alkaline Trio Australian Webstore"

http://catalog.1234gorecords.com/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&zenid=cd1026d4cf5a17165f14e0e1b10ef820&keyword=alkaline+trio

Anybody that was still looking for the red variant, looks like 1234 Go Records has it as well as the split color variants of Crimson, From Here To Infirmary, and Good Mourning.

4 hours ago, RecordsandIPA said:

Did anyone receive the Bone variant? I contacted interpunk a week ago in regards to it and no response back yet...

They might not be responding when it gives the updated status in your order details. Looks like the bone is due in stock in 3 days according to my status. Hopefully we see them shipping by the end of the week?

29 minutes ago, JohnMatrix said:

Got my smoke red. Record itself turned out great. Surprised and disappointed theres no insert or lyrics though

Yeah, that's a lame oversight for sure. My red/black came today, but I've yet to open it up. Bummed to find out it's so "no frills," but I'll live. It's a great record.

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, RecordsandIPA said:

Unfortunately it is 100% a picture disc. Mike told me himself in an email the other day. " the Goddamnit 20th will be a picture disc. Fun Fun! " 

I love Mike to pieces but we have different definitions of the word fun.

On a side note, somebody on his Instagram page was going crazy about an order issue and Mike posted his personal number to amend the situation. I took it upon myself to text him and told him hes awesome and to have a beautiful day.

• 2 weeks later...

On 11/17/2018 at 5:25 PM, RecordsandIPA said:

My Test press just came, so I'm assuming they'll be up on asianman soon ( maybe black Friday? ) 

file.php?id=5607

TP 3/10.  Hopefully the artwork on the Pic Disc isn't just the clocks and band photo on back cover. 

Edited by RecordsandIPA

8 hours ago, RecordsandIPA said:

file.php?id=5607

TP 3/10.  Hopefully the artwork on the Pic Disc isn't just the clocks and band photo on back cover. 

( not sure why image isn't showing but just click on it, my bad ) 

file.php?id=5607

Is it the redux or original masters? Or haven't you listened to your shiny white picture disc?