Logigram by defoss , anyone know about this turntable

Came across this indiegogo (basically Kickstarter if you’re not familiar)

was as curious if anyone had any thoughts or opinions on this thing. I like the way it looks but I am no audio equipment expert.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/logigram-by-defoss-high-performance-turntable-3d-design#/

It seems very interesting to me!
The design is original but not obvious, the shape that generates the reinforcement is beautiful.
The prices seem to me in line with the competition, but beware, here we are talking about 30 mm or 60 mm plinth and arm printed in 3d sls (like a 3d vpi but gimbal) so for the price on indiegogo it seems like a real good deal!

14 hours ago, AGB said:

its really not offering anything more or anything different compared to a Rega or Project .. its just a basic manual belt drive... id go with a well known company that you can purchase and receive RIGHT NOW instead of waiting for (and potentially failing) crowd funder 

Um. 3D Printed tonearm is not something standard in either Rega or Pro-Ject. It was a huge deal a few years ago when VPI put one out.

Also the plinth is real thick. Again, not standard.

Also also the feet  are better.

4 hours ago, ajxd said:

Um. 3D Printed tonearm is not something standard in either Rega or Pro-Ject. It was a huge deal a few years ago when VPI put one out.

Im pretty new to this hobby, what is good about a 3d printed tone arm?, why does that matter? 

Assuming the plinth is the base? guessing the thickness is good for rigidity and less shaking?

please enlighten haha @one and @ajxd 

1 hour ago, imnothardcore said:

what is good about a 3d printed tone arm?, why does that matter? 

mainly as they say the defoss ones in the campaign "Thanks to 3D printing, we managed to produce a single piece and jointless tonearm". moreover, I believe that with printing we can obtain shapes that are difficult to obtain with other production processes"

The materials (resins) can be very performing in anti-resonance way. They say that their arm is adjustable in height (vta), tracking-force and anti-skating, all you need for a great listening.

1 hour ago, imnothardcore said:

Assuming the plinth is the base? guessing the thickness is good for rigidity and less shaking?

The plinth is the base of the turntable, the harder it is, the better it is.
They are "managed to increase the audio standards by using a 30 mm antiresonant composite plinth, hold up by three non-decoupling supports" for a heavy base and a "Pivot to Spindle stiffening plate, separated from the motor by composite anti-vibration system." wow

Edited by One

1 hour ago, Tardcore said:

Just because it’s 100% of goal doesn’t mean people will get what they paid for in a timely manner (or at all. 

immediately obviously not, otherwise it would be an e-commerce not a crowdfunding :)
surely in the future they will sell with immediate delivery but with much higher prices! Then follow a project and support it from the beginning is a system that I like! it's like watching your turntable come to the world!

1 hour ago, One said:

immediately obviously not, otherwise it would be an e-commerce not a crowdfunding :)
surely in the future they will sell with immediate delivery but with much higher prices! Then follow a project and support it from the beginning is a system that I like! it's like watching your turntable come to the world!

Shill much?

in case you don’t have a word for that in Italian...

shill

SHil/
NORTH AMERICANinformal
noun
  1. 1. 
    an accomplice of a hawker, gambler, or swindler who acts as an enthusiastic customer to entice or encourage others.
Edited by Tardcore

On 7/21/2018 at 1:40 AM, ajxd said:

yup your're ringht.. however 3d printed arm IMO is pointless.. i'd be more comfortable to just buy something that has been tried and tested.. 

plith yup totally agree.. much better to have a bigger, heavier base..

feet ?!?! those spikes are the biggest wank under the sun.. im still yet to see any hard data on them doing exactly what the sales "gurus" are saying... 

On 7/21/2018 at 8:02 AM, Tardcore said:

Just because it’s 100% of goal doesn’t mean people will get what they paid for in a timely manner (or at all.

Exactly.. i backed the OSSIC headphones .. they reach 250% of their initial goal .. paid $300 for the headphones.. Just got an email 2 months ago saying they tried and FAILED... $2.5 million collected in funds all down the drain

On 7/21/2018 at 11:08 PM, One said:

:D c'mon! I'm neither English or American and not even Italian. Sorry for my English. I'm Spanish from Barcelona. In any case, thank you very much, I learned a new word!

c'mon, when you join a community only to defend a product you're affiliated with, at least have the decency to be honest about the fact. By trying to hide your obvious connection to the project, you're doing it a disservice. 

6 hours ago, AGB said:

yup your're ringht.. however 3d printed arm IMO is pointless.. i'd be more comfortable to just buy something that has been tried and tested.. 

plith yup totally agree.. much better to have a bigger, heavier base..

feet ?!?! those spikes are the biggest wank under the sun.. im still yet to see any hard data on them doing exactly what the sales "gurus" are saying... 

orig

I like the look of it, I like the look of the plinth and feet and I like the idea of a 3D printed arm (got to be the future right there).

I didn't take a look at the price and I haven't heard one so as to performance or value for money I haven't got a clue. But I do have to give it some points for being a Kickstarter turntable that at first glance isn't

a) seeming to be trying to overcome a problem that was never a problem in the first place,

b) trying to convince me that the perceived problem really really is a big problem and

c) ooh look it's really cool and can play records on it's side and shit, or some other lifestyle bollocks that you just have to have because the perfectly good well proven turntable you already own is so last year Grandad (ignoring the fact that this new lifestyle inspired bollocks sounds like utter cack in comparison).

So on balance like every other bit of hifi I've never owned or heard I'll reserve judgement until I can hear one.