PO: Fucked Up - "Dose Your Dreams" 2XLP

Out October 5, 2018.

Available from Merge Records (which ships free in the U.S., and includes a pin and poster), the band's merch store, and Arts & Crafts in Canada. Merge is also offering a t-shirt bundle.

Limited "Peak Vinyl" edition (heh...) is on yellow-in-clear "creamfruit" vinyl. No word on how many pressed. Standard on black.

https://fuckedup.merchtable.com/pre-orders/dose-your-dreams-deluxe-2xlp-standard-2xlp-2xcd

https://www.mergerecords.com/dose-your-dreams

Canada: http://craft-shop.ca/artists/fuckedup/fucked-up-dose-your-dreams

Stream of first track: https://fuckedup.bandcamp.com/album/dose-your-dreams

Merge also has a pre-order for a new "limited edition" 7" out September 7. Again, no word on pressing number.

https://www.mergerecords.com/raise-your-voice-joyce-bw-taken

661_FuckedUp_LP1_peak_1400px.jpg

661_FuckedUp_LP1_1400px.jpg

Edited by fondfarewell

5 hours ago, natenomm said:

Whoa, the 2nd half of this video has a heavy Beach Boys vibe. And there's some rippin' sax, too? Consider me 100% interested:

These are track times so who knows what that 2nd half is

None of Your Business Man 5:18
Raise Your Voice Joyce 2:47
Tell Me What You See 3:26
Normal People 5:46
Torch to Light 4:41
Talking Pictures 6:17
House of Keys 3:08
Dose Your Dreams 5:30
Living in a Simulation 3:13
I Don’t Wanna Live in This World Anymore 5:20
How to Die Happy 4:52
Two I’s Closed 2:30
The One I Want Will Come for Me 5:23
Mechanical Bull 4:32
Accelerate 5:30
Came Down Wrong 3:45
Love Is an Island in the Sea 2:26
Joy Stops Time 7:51

Fucked Up were pretty ambitious on David Comes to Life but for a "hardcore" band these really lengthy albums are hard to digest no matter what they try and do. Most of it is because of Damons one type of vocal delivery for 80 mins that loses me

51 minutes ago, youspinmeround said:

These are track times so who knows what that 2nd half is

Fucked Up were pretty ambitious on David Comes to Life but for a "hardcore" band these really lengthy albums are hard to digest no matter what they try and do. Most of it is because of Damons one type of vocal delivery for 80 mins that loses me

It appears to be Two I's Closed. There's a title card at 3:27 in the video.

2 hours ago, Negron said:

Has anyone ever ordered from Arts & Crafts and picked up at the office?

Seems so much more convenient than paying $12 to ship it down the street, as if there's a catch.

Super easy to do and they have reasonable hours. Well worth saving $12. 

Yeah I did this with the last BSS record. The office is near Queen/Spadina and easy to get to if you're in Toronto. 

Edit: The Merge website is also listing a show on October 19 at the Horseshoe (nothing announced locally yet), so you could probably pick it up then as well. 

Edited by voltagedrop

On 7/25/2018 at 8:44 PM, Negron said:

Has anyone ever ordered from Arts & Crafts and picked up at the office?

Seems so much more convenient than paying $12 to ship it down the street, as if there's a catch.

I picked up the box set version of Secret Path there & can confirm what everyone says. The only possible time delay I could imagine is if the receptionists isn't around. Keep your order # handy. They wrap most of their releases in brown paper that's got a stencil image (based on the album art usually or band logo) on it as bit of a bonus.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This thing is an absolute trip, pun totally intended.

It’s sprawling, progressive, weird, and trippy as fuck. The main issue I had with Fucked Up was that having high concept stories shouted at me in the same punk yell for an hour wore thin, but this album rectifies the problem by adding 20 minutes more of music and letting their freak flag fly high... and somehow, it works wonderfully. Between the saxophone, acid rock, Pink Floyd style bendy guitar passages, hardcore and punk outbursts, shoegaze, heavy and pervasive psychedelia, a smattering of guest vocals, very Beatles-esque vocal harmonies,  surf and acid rock, borderline post rock crescendos and climaxes, disco and techno breaks... Fucked Up throw it ALL at the wall here and it makes the albums bloated runtime a non object- I took a few tabs of LSD and found myself consistently excited to see what rabbit they pull out of the hat for the next track... if it weren?t for The Armed, this would be the single best and weirdest thing to happen to heavy music in 2018.

what a lovely surprise.

Edited by holyvacantsholyhell

1 hour ago, natenomm said:

This album is an absolute unit, and I loved every second of it. I didn't get the Fucked Up Fatigue™ that I got with their past albums while listening to this. The second half is so damn good. 

Fuckin right? That Fucked Up Fatigue is just not a factor with this album.