Out now: Coldplay - A Rush of Blood To The Head limited white Barnes & Noble exclusive

Heads up to anyone who appreciates these guys' early work, Barnes & Noble has a limited white pressing online and in stores. Parlophone pressing and it sounds fantastic (listening as I type this). 2 years ago they did Parachutes on orange, it's now $150+ on the secondhand market, I'm glad I grabbed it when I did so grab this one before it's gone and on ebay. The store by me only had 1 in stock.

https://m.barnesandnoble.com/w/rush-of-blood-to-the-head-coldplay/6587669?ean=0190295649852

Update: I have actually now tried two copies of this to verify it's a pressing defect, and indeed, both have a loud scratch sound in the left channel at the beginning of Daylight, and two on Warning Sign as well, one at the beginning and one towards the end. Overall the sound is very very nice, but there are those small defects.  At the time of writing this post I was still on side A which has no problems. 

I'm still keeping one,  but if anyone wants the 2nd, PM me and I'll sell to you at cost ($22 + $4 for media mail shipping). If I bring it back to the store I'm not sure what they do with it. It's still worth someone having and playing it for sure.

RyLO38ll.png

Edited by bluescreenlife

8 minutes ago, PookdaddyG said:

Fuck it. I’ve been wanting to pick this (and for that matter—X&Y) for a couple of years now. Your post has convinced me to snag this :rolleyes: Cheers.

Make sure you see the update I just did on the original post. There are a couple small defects on the pressing.

1 hour ago, bluescreenlife said:

Heads up to anyone who appreciates these guys' early work, Barnes & Noble has a limited white pressing online and in stores. Parlophone pressing and it sounds fantastic (listening as I type this). 2 years ago they did Parachutes on orange, it's now $150+ on the secondhand market, I'm glad I grabbed it when I did so grab this one before it's gone and on ebay. The store by me only had 1 in stock.

https://m.barnesandnoble.com/w/rush-of-blood-to-the-head-coldplay/6587669?ean=0190295649852

Update: I have actually now tried two copies of this to verify it's a pressing defect, and indeed, both have a loud scratch sound in the left channel at the beginning of Daylight, and two on Warning Sign as well, one at the beginning and one towards the end. Overall the sound is very very nice, but there are those small defects.  At the time of writing this post I was still on side A which has no problems. 

I'm still keeping one,  but if anyone wants the 2nd, PM me and I'll sell to you at cost ($22 + $4 for media mail shipping). If I bring it back to the store I'm not sure what they do with it. It's still worth someone having and playing it for sure.

RyLO38ll.png

1 or 2 lps?

7 hours ago, Daiei said:

Why guilty pleasures? They're stellar albums, especially Parachutes.

Parachutes, front to back, is excellent, the other two less so but I enjoy songs off of each. 

I don't know, they have a bit of a negative connotation and they really fell off later in their careers. Something being a guilty pleasure doesn't make it bad, I just probably wouldn't admit to most people that I enjoy Coldplay. Probably my own hang up more than anything else.

49 minutes ago, lastvaultboy said:

They don't seem to ship to the UK - as far as I can see...! Shame.

On 7/23/2018 at 4:11 PM, bluescreenlife said:

RyLO38ll.png

31 minutes ago, mmhmm said:

I thought Coldplay was planning to call it quits several years ago...I think they should've, based on more recent output.

I tend to agree... looking at their last 3 albums (all albums prior were fantastic imo), I thought Mylo Xyloto was very good, Ghost stories was okay for something a bit different, but A Head Full of Dreams completely lost me