Preorders for new reissue of The Red Sea are up now:

https://isis.merchtable.com/

https://eu.kingsroadmerch.com/shop/artist/?id=691

pressing:

100 opaque red (band edition)

300 clear

400 black/red mix

700 black.

"The 1999 “Red Sea” EP, finally on vinyl again. Also includes the four song 1998 demo. These recordings constitute the band’s darkest output - churning, bleak and unrelenting.

2018 edition has been remastered for vinyl by James Plotkin and cut by Telegraph Mastering. The packaging features a debossed LP jacket, full color insert, and new/re-worked artwork by A. Turner"

ships on or around October 19, 2018

24 minutes ago, jhulud said:

What's with the more limited the pressing is, the more pricey each variant is? More and more labels are doing this nowadays.

micro flipping fom the beginning I guess ;) 

I actually spent about 10 minutes trying to figure out if I want cheaper and cooler looking black/red version or the most limited red one...

39 minutes ago, jhulud said:

What's with the more limited the pressing is, the more pricey each variant is? More and more labels are doing this nowadays.

12 minutes ago, qula said:

micro flipping

maybe "flipping" is not the right word. I believe it's a reaction to the fact that loads of stuff is just bought to flip. By raising the prices for more limited stuff potential aftermarket flippers have to chip in a bit more themselves in the first place, which may or may not put at least some of the off. I also see the point though that the increase in price will just be forwarded to the aftermarket anyway ("this release has been more expensive from the start!").

It's a difficult topic but I believe when done with some minor markups on really limited stuff it's alright. And nope, Relapse charging $10 (or 10€ :D) more is not considered minor.

1 hour ago, coreystevens88 said:

I'm starting to prefer the labels that don't give pressing numbers for variants of a certain run.  It seems that providing pressing numbers just allows clueless flippers to watch for new releases from labels like HHR/Profound Lore/etc. and just snatch up the most limited variants to resell.

Remember the good old days where labels didn't even announce colors? Like you ordered something and was like "holy shit, it's blue!"?

2 hours ago, KnifeStreet said:

Would have been cooler to see them press a more affordable 8” version like the original, and remaster the demo for a later 7” release.  They could at least keep it interesting rather than just mass reissuing the 12” every couple years. 

James Plotkin remastered it specifically for vinyl, and a new master is cut, brah.  Plus new/re-worked artwork from the man himself.  :-P

19 hours ago, twatay said:

James Plotkin remastered it specifically for vinyl, and a new master is cut, brah.  Plus new/re-worked artwork from the man himself.  :-P

Both solid selling points, and I'm not putting it down, I'm just a sucker for a throwback, and would love to have seen it back on 8", since it's something you don't see all the time.

10 hours ago, throwgncpr said:

I know, right? Making records easily accessible is the worst. right? I hate it when I go to the record store and they have all the albums I want!

I'm glad it's easily accessible for everyone, you won't find me complaining about it, but having  owned copies from both the first (8") and most recent (12") pressings, I just thought it would be cooler to see them bring the original back, and maybe also reissue the demo for the first time on its own 7".  Roast me for wanting to be a little outside the same-old-BS box though, my apologies.

On 7/30/2018 at 3:23 PM, Metal Mike said:

Remember the good old days where labels didn't even announce colors? Like you ordered something and was like "holy shit, it's blue!"?

pff, like people would even buy stuff now if it didn't have 4 different colors in a starburst/splatter/cumshot variant