System of a Down Re/Pressings

7 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

I *just* bought an OG Toxicity for $85...

I also bought a SKM- Ghosts for $250 3 months before the repress

So you're all welcome. I do this for you. 

So thank you for being a fool? Ok, thank you!

I own Mez & Hyp on the original picture discs and always thought it was nice that, despite surface noise for obvious reasons, the sound leaves nothing to be desired. The mastering job is incredible.  From the sounds of those instagram videos, the same care is being put into the reissues.

5 hours ago, Andthejets27 said:

Stoked that these will be available again but that’s A LOT of songs on side one of toxicity...

That's the same as the first pressing copy that I've got. Granted, I haven't spun it in a long time, but I don't remember it sounding bad. I'll have to check it out again later.

6 hours ago, Andthejets27 said:

Stoked that these will be available again but that’s A LOT of songs on side one of toxicity...

It's a bit snug with each side sitting at roughly 22-ish minutes, but I don't think audio quality should suffer.

Agreed though. A 2xLP set cut at 45rpm would be better I think.

35 minutes ago, ghost said:

It's a bit snug with each side sitting at roughly 22-ish minutes, but I don't think audio quality should suffer.

I have next to no doubt that this will sound good and I really don't want to have to flip the side three times just to listen to this. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Edited by DecayToDeath

13 minutes ago, DecayToDeath said:

I have next to no doubt that this will sound and I really don't want to have to flip the side three times just to listen to this. I'm sure it'll be fine.

I never had a problem with flipping sides. Personally, I like having chunks of an album cut across multiple discs so that you can listen to certain songs more immediately. 2xlp, 1xlp, 7" single boxset, I'm still buying.

10 minutes ago, ghost said:

45 RPM not necessary but definitely 2LP is in order. Aerials is a 6 min songs alone. Then there's also that hidden track called "Arto" at the end of the original.

12 minutes ago, VinylMario said:

45 RPM not necessary but definitely 2LP is in order. Aerials is a 6 min songs alone. Then there's also that hidden track called "Arto" at the end of the original.

Aerials is only 6min if you include the hidden track, the song itself is normal length. The sides as they're laid out so far are 23 min / 21 min. If y'all can honestly tell me that your copy of Abbey Road (25 min / 23.5 min) sounds like shit, then you've got a right to complain.

7 minutes ago, DecayToDeath said:

Aerials is only 6min if you include the hidden track, the song itself is normal length. The sides as they're laid out so far are 23 min / 21 min. If y'all can honestly tell me that your copy of Abbey Road (25 min / 23.5 min) sounds like shit, then you've got a right to complain.

I was mainly objecting to 45rpm quote. But I see your point

These guys seem to have similar relationships as the Rage Against The Machine boys.  They can hang out & tour together, and are friends, but aren't on the same page at all on anything business related.  Excited to see these being pressed.  I had an OG Toxicity, made the mistake of borrowing it (and Slipknot's Iowa) to a buddy way the heck back in...who knows...2005 or so.  Never saw them again.

5 hours ago, DecayToDeath said:

I have next to no doubt that this will sound good and I really don't want to have to flip the side three times just to listen to this. I'm sure it'll be fine.

For once I agree with this dude. I dont need 10 mins of music on a side of wax.

It's not like this is some audiophile music here

Here is a video of the first time I saw system