System of a Down Re/Pressings

I too am listening to the debut album right now and it's great!  quiet noise floor, flat as a pancake, and it's on point as far as the sound quality.  I don't have the S/T boot but i do have the Toxicity boot, so i can't speak to how much better it is than the boot, but i have to imagine it's better for sure.  Very happy so far, nice insert too.

32 minutes ago, ZeroNowhere said:

It's likely due to these albums coming out when they were pressed on CD only.  The artwork was created for that format size, so now when it's blown up it looks like shit.  That's what I'm going with.  I guess they figure people will still buy it, so who cares?  It would have been awesome had they redone the artwork so it didn't look terrible, but that's time and money that I'm sure they (whoever they are) didn't want to spend.

The really sucky thing about that logic is that it gives me the impression that it is highly likely that these lacquers were cut from CD playback into the cutting system which is technically a total ripoff.  But if everybody says it sounds good, that's good enough for me. Will likely grab a S/T sometime this weekend.

54 minutes ago, Reshiram said:

They're not worth it then.

They sound really good so I'm not complaining, but still... haha honestly just really happy to have these. The nostalgia is hitting me hard as I'm listening to Mezmerize right now. I think I'm gonna wear my 'vintage' SOAD mushroom shirt tomorrow to feel even more like I'm living in 2005