System of a Down Re/Pressings

So I'm about 2/3 of the way into S/T and I think it sounds pretty decent. A little bit too much high end and its a little too loud for my liking but that might be a mastering issue with the original source itself from what many say. But now I just opened Toxicity and my copy is missing the B-side label (and others are saying their B-side label lists it as Toxic).

What a horrible packaging job on these. Between the pixelated front cover on Toxicity, the sloppily covered up spine text on S/T, and I'm sure more we'll find...

BUT,  glad they finally issued them officially and for the price, I can't complain too much about these because from what everyone's saying, S/T is the worst sounding one so I'm stoked to hear the rest!

On 10/15/2018 at 7:21 PM, pizza face said:

jo1rorh.jpg

Looks like they had other plans for the spine on the self titled album. It says system of a down on the center but was covered up. Anyone else notice that? 

Also spinning the self titled album now and I've never noticed the whispering vocal back track on spiders during the first verse. 

Just got EU version of self-titled.

Spine don't have this issue

• 2 weeks later...

I only bought the debut album as I've listened to wonderful recordings of the Toxicity LP for years.  I don't think the self-titled pressing is miles away from the CD in terms of mastering/remastering, which is disappointing, but the pressing is well done.  Likely there wasn't an incredibly dynamic (pre-mastering)  source for the audio. 

That said, it's uncool to have this on LP, and I'm down with that.  It's fulfilling my 1998 vinyl desires.  Looking forward to spinning Pack up the Cats next.  Now if only Matt had got that reissue of Heavenward is Downward out, really down to the wire now!

Edited by firefoxUSSR

50 minutes ago, firefoxUSSR said:

I only bought the debut album as I've listened to wonderful recordings of the Toxicity LP for years.  I don't think the self-titled pressing is miles away from the CD in terms of mastering/remastering, which is disappointing, but the pressing is well done.  Likely there wasn't an incredibly dynamic (pre-mastering)  source for the audio. 

That said, it's uncool to have this on LP, and I'm down with that.  It's fulfilling my 1998 vinyl desires.  Looking forward to spinning Pack up the Cats next.  Now if only Matt had got that reissue of Heavenward is Downward out, really down to the wire now!

Why is it uncool to have this on LP?

6 minutes ago, firefoxUSSR said:

I should say "People are saying..." :P

I know several people personally who just hate the band.  

Ooooooooohhh... I can definitely defend SOAD's first album to anyone. Toxicity less so but it doesn't really need it since it was so popular and then the rest of their discography hasn't really resonated with me. But I have no issue telling people this album is awesome.