Sound Stage Direct unresponsive to customers

Fuck! I knew something was up! I have an order that was supposed to be filled three weeks ago! I contacted them regarding my order about three weeks ago and they told me my order was still processing and that I would receive my order once the distributor had caught up with orders. But then I contacted them two weeks ago again and I never got a response. I figured they had already answered me and didn't want to respond the same answer. So I left it alone. 

Shit I'm fucked. It was a $100+ order!!!

Yeah there’s a big thread on this at Steve Hoffman Forums. Allegedly they’ve been bought out by ImportCDs?

It’s a shame the way they have been treating customers because they used to be one of the best places to order vinyl online from, but they started getting slower and slower.

6 minutes ago, VinylMario said:

Go for it and give us an update! Lol

I should have mentioned I don't live there anymore, ha. I was just in town last weekend though. Could have actually investigated IRL. :ph34r:

In all seriousness, that fucking sucks. Just reading the other forums, Google, and BBB reviews show how further they are sinking.

Edited by angryalan

They posted something odd after their 4th of July 20% off sale saying something along the lines of things might be changing and the percent off sales going away, but that there were still lots of great things set to happen.  It came across oddly and I read it as a behind the scenes shakeup, however since that time they've continued to run promos the same as they've been doing for years... haven't ordered from them in about a year now so I can't speak to that experience but I'm really feeling for all you guys with outstanding orders.  I've always chalked them up as one of the most reliable vendors on the web.

59 minutes ago, pizza face said:

Shit yeah they haven't answered my email about the gwar records I ordered. It still says it's a pre order oh well time to hit up PayPal 

I told them to cancel my Gwar order last Wednesday (with no response) after more than a month of no refund on the Petty set. Wanted to make sure I got them ordered from Amazon before they got hard to find.  Only 1000 copies of each.

Edited by webdoggy

21 minutes ago, webdoggy said:

I told them to cancel my Gwar order last Wednesday (with no response) after more than a month of no refund on the Petty set. Wanted to make sure I got them ordered from Amazon before they got hard to find.  Only 1000 copies of each.

I canceled my Petty order a day after it went up.  They said it would be refunded in 3-5 days.  It showed up on my bank statement the other day.  :angry:

Time for a chargeback.

Ordered the Medium Rare Foo Fighters too.  Dammit!! :( 

Sucks, they were a good company too.

Edited by vinyl21

42 minutes ago, ZeroNowhere said:

They also have /500 versions of the Gwar's on Metalblade which is where I'm going to order from since this fell through.  Called my bank and put through a chargeback.  Wish I had gone through PayPal on this since it's a quicker resolution.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm going to bullmoose right now because I had them on hold just in case something happened with Soundstagedirect. Glad I did. Gonna use my bullmoose points on carnival of Chaos for half off. 

12 minutes ago, MayCauseDeath said:

I hate SRC and had a horrible HORRIBLE experience with them. They sent me the wrong items which I RETURNED and basically said tough shit they don't give refunds and after I threatened a chargeback it took 2 months for them to issue me it.

This thread isn't about SRC though.

Someone at the Pearl Jam boards said they got an e-mail from Import CDs/cc music/whatever saying they are not in the process of buying SSD and don't know where the rumor is coming from. 

I'd suggest putting in Paypal claims or contacting your CC and placing orders elsewhere.

Edited by timsimmons

4 hours ago, Captain Chrismo said:

I too ordered the Tom Petty live anthology and it kept getting delayed. They didn't respond by email but I called the number on the bottom of the order confirmation and reached someone who cancelled it immediately. My refund appeared within a few days. Might want to try this route!

I must have gotten one of their last copies of that Petty set. The order sat there for a few weeks without being fulfilled, I emailed them, and a few days later they replied saying the sets arrived and are shipping out and I got my shipping confirmation, etc. There was someone on the Hoffman forums who said SSD was holding their $10,000 payment for a turntable and cartridge that they kept delaying. It's pretty nuts.

I posted about my experience in best/worst cs sticky. Ordered a record from them a month ago and nothing happened with it, just sat there unshipped. I opened a PayPal claim on Tuesday so I get to wait another 2 weeks until I get my money returned.

PayPal really needs to streamline this type of shit. If a buisness is fucking over customers they should pull their support form them altogether because more often than not I won't shop on a site I'm unfamiliar with if they don't accept PayPal.