The Devil Wears Prada "With Roots Above And Branches Below" Anniversary Pressing

1 hour ago, RyanSmithers said:

Thanks for the heads up!  That looks awesome.  I traded my first press of this for a Toxic Green AILD An Ocean Between Us, and have been hoping to get another copy of this for a reasonable price!  Stoked!

I think that was me! :P You had the translucent blue variant right?

Listining to mine now, sounds great (no surface noise) , but.............

The center label is loose?? Like its puffing / hanging off the record, barely adhered to the wax.
Never had this issue before, kind of annoyed. Going to talk to BM about a replacement, but these seem sold out?

Edited by V3XED

3 hours ago, V3XED said:

Listining to mine now, sounds great (no surface noise) , but.............

The center label is loose?? Like its puffing / hanging off the record, barely adhered to the wax.
Never had this issue before, kind of annoyed. Going to talk to BM about a replacement, but these seem sold out?

There is probably a second label underneath. Every time I've had an issue like you describe it was because two labels got stuck together and when I peeled off the top one there was a perfectly good one underneath.

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, pizza face said:

Nope. Never had issues with skipping on any record I own. Guess I'm lucky

I guess I should clarify.. it was more of a locked groove that you have to manually move the needle past... not exactly a skip but yeah, probably the second time I have ever had this happen out of ~500 LP's

3 hours ago, ethereal said:

I guess I should clarify.. it was more of a locked groove that you have to manually move the needle past... not exactly a skip but yeah, probably the second time I have ever had this happen out of ~500 LP's

My copy played through both sides without having to move the needle. Definitely try getting it replaced 

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, RaptorRick said:

Still yet to receive mine but nearly everyone has had the same issue. Apparently District Lines will offer a refund but you’ll have to send the record back as they’re no replacements. So wouldn’t surprise me if the stock that has gone back up is damaged returns.

11 hours ago, mcpaddolive said:

Still yet to receive mine but nearly everyone has had the same issue. Apparently District Lines will offer a refund but you’ll have to send the record back as they’re no replacements. So wouldn’t surprise me if the stock that has gone back up is damaged returns.

I already disputed it with paypal and got to keep the record. But this was one of the worst packaged record I've ever received I expect a minor flaw every once in a while but this was ridiculous.

Man fuck district lines, I thought mine was an oversight and somehow was shipped without an inner sleeve by accident. 

The thing plays so I guess I’ll keep it cause  I’m not gonna pay shipping twice just so they can sell it to someone else

8 hours ago, RaptorRick said:

I already disputed it with paypal and got to keep the record. But this was one of the worst packaged record I've ever received I expect a minor flaw every once in a while but this was ridiculous.

I’ve heard people say different so I think you’ve got very lucky but yeah everyone should dispute it really, not to obviously take money from the band but it’s incredibly poor from District Lines that they don’t know how to package a record properly. I’ve still yet to receive mine but I don’t have much hope of it being in one piece

Edited by mcpaddolive

9 hours ago, mcpaddolive said:

I’ve heard people say different so I think you’ve got very lucky but yeah everyone should dispute it really, not to obviously take money from the band but it’s incredibly poor from District Lines that they don’t know how to package a record properly. I’ve still yet to receive mine but I don’t have much hope of it being in one piece

My buddy got one and only had one small seam split so there is hope