SPF30 Singles Spectacular - Sub Pop 30th Anniversary 7" exclusives

1532631344273-SPF30_7inch-Singles_ALL_ls

SPF30 Singles Spectacular tracklist:
1. Mudhoney “One Bad Actor” b/w Hot Snakes “They Put You Up to This”
2. Shabazz Palaces “The Blue Tiger” b/w Chad VanGaalen “Friendly Aliens”
3. Frankie Cosmos “Home Is Where” b/w LVL UP “Orchard”
4. METZ “Escalator Teeth/On and On” b/w Clipping “Club Down”

These four 7"s will only be available at the 30th Anniversary shows in Seattle:  https://spf30.subpop.com/

On August 11th at SPF30, Sub Pop will offer the “SPF30 Singles Spectacular”: 4 limited-edition commemorative split 7” singles featuring as-yet-unreleased tracks from 8 artists on the label. Each of these singles will be on colored vinyl, in an edition of 1,000, with covers featuring SPF30 artwork by Rick Froberg (of Hot Snakes). This collection of 7”s will be available individually and as a set. (limit: 2 per-person) And those savvy enough to buy all four will be delighted to find that the interiors of the covers combine to make one complete SPF30 poster-like image.

2 hours ago, ✦ S U N S H I N E ✦ 日 光 ♡♡ said:

I know this is "fun" for the show attendees but why they gotta release the final LVL UP song so exclusively :(

Did LVL UP BRK UP?

I'm in Seattle and planned to attend this when it was first announced, but it's going to be a shit show based on the location. 

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, daegor said:

So... anyone get any of these?

i picked up a bundle of all 4.  all of them are on colored vinyl that matches their album cover tint. nice little set. ive only had a chance to listen to 2 of them so far, but theyre fun and a good little collection of odds and ends.

Edited by dirkrondo

14 minutes ago, dirkrondo said:

i picked up a bundle of all 4.  all of them are on colored vinyl that matches their album cover tint. nice little set. ive only had a chance to listen to 2 of them so far, but theyre fun and a good little collection of odds and ends.

Did it look like they sold a good amount or all of them? Trying to gauge whether or not they'll post leftovers online.

Based on the crowd pics, most of the attendees probably thought they needed a mini Crosley to play these tiny 7” records, and since Urban Outfitters only sells traditional record players they passed.

(Also, they blew all their spending money on silk screened posters at the PJ shows.)

• 3 weeks later...

I got the Hot Snakes/Mudhoney one and the Metz/Clipping one.  They were selling them at three different merch tents throughout the fest and they were going really quick.  I'd imagine if they have any left they won't last long at all.

However, as far as the songs go I think it's all exclusive stuff (I don't really know anything about Clipping).  The Metz song is an extended version of one of the songs on "Strange Peace" and worth it for that song alone.

The HS tune is probably an extra track from the "Jericho Sirens" sessions but it's still pretty stellar.