THIS WILL DESTROY YOU - New Others (Part TWO out NOW!)

1 hour ago, throwgncpr said:

The Wilderness is light years better than New Others Part One

It really is a fantastic album and the songs are wonderful live. The lights during colors in space are incredible. It was so nice to hear them do something so different and it’s become one of my top splosions albums.

like god damn

Edited by holyvacantsholyhell

1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

Is there hope for anyone who enjoys both albums?  Asking for a friend.

Haha I dig this too, it’s just not what I expected fromTWDY at this point, and The Wilderness is probably in my top 5 favorite post rock albums having had time to settle and see the songs live a couple times.

but this is a this will destroy you thread... Little Smoke 4evar.

Edited by holyvacantsholyhell

Everyone shat on Wilderness when it first dropped, it seemed, but I immediately dug it more than Take Care, and it’s really continued to age well for me, too.  I would be thrilled to see some cuts from it in a live setting.  Damn.

Regarding new TWDY; I can see how some of the album may go in one ear and out the other.  And the qualms with the production are fairly justified.  But as someone who was floored by New Topia on the last album, this record channels a lot of those same lofty vibes with the occasional burst of energy.  Syncage is next level, for me.

I adored Another Language. Even ignoring the production issues (which is hard to do), New Others Part One feels like a giant step backwards. It's not bad per se, but it doesn't feel like they are pushing forward, or even matching anything they've done before. I'm hoping it'll be a grower, but after several listens, it's still pretty meh.

FWIW, I loved The Wilderness immediately

Just now, throwgncpr said:

Maybe a little better than Part One, production-wise and song writing, but Part Two still feels really uninspired. I would have grabbed these at the old Magic Bullet price-points, but I can't seem to pull the trigger on these yet.

agreed. Doesnt do enough for me. It was a nice listen though

4 minutes ago, daegor said:

Bandcamp explains.  It'd odd for sure, I've never heard of a situation like that.

nah, i'm calling bullshit on their "explanation." it's way too far fetched. pretty sure they're just trying to confuse people and make it look like they're collectible CDs. much like Magic Bullet/Dark Ops' "certified RARE" editions. 

Just now, glass realms said:

nah, i'm calling bullshit on their "explanation." it's way too far fetched. pretty sure they're just trying to confuse people and make it look like they're collectible CDs. much like Magic Bullet/Dark Ops' "certified RARE" editions. 

Agree. It's a gimmick they made up.