PO: Hellogoodbye - S'Only Natural

• 1 month later...

2 hours ago, underwaterzoo said:

Have you heard anything more on the boxsets? It’s past when they said they were shipping.

Yeah, Alcopop customer service told me the other day it should ship in the next few weeks...said it's taken longer than expected to assemble all the parts of the box set.

For a box set limited to only 20, I'm surprised it's still available.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just got my box set in the mail. I am incredibly upset. Firstly, the way they packed this was loose in a much bigger box so it came SUPER damaged. So badly in fact, that USPS actually had a separate notification tacked onto it that it was received in bad condition. What didn't help was the fact that the packaging for the set is incredibly chincy to begin with. It's all kept together with a single piece of photo paper used as a band to keep all the 7 inches together. 

Now let's talk about what was promised and what it didn't come with:

"Each track from the record is presented on its own clear 7” with separate artwork for the track..."  -- Did not come with any artwork AT ALL. Got an envelope with 4 pictures from the music video in it. Not artwork, and certainly not "for each track." Each record is a clear 7" with the same black and white center label encased in a cheap piece of thin plastic

"– with a signed note from Forrest included..." No note included. It's 1 cent cardboard beverage coaster with a signature on it

"and individual limited number..." Not numbered anywhere

"You’ll never pick up a greater release. GOFORIT!" This was a terrible release. Not worth it in my opinion at all. Complete waste of money.

Edited by backpackoat

5 minutes ago, backpackoat said:

I just got my box set in the mail. I am incredibly upset. Firstly, the way they packed this was loose in a much bigger box so it came SUPER damaged. So badly in fact, that USPS actually had a separate notification tacked onto it that it was received in bad condition. What didn't help was the fact that the packaging for the set is incredibly chincy to begin with. It's all kept together with a piece of photo paper used as a band to keep all the 7 inches together. 

"Each track from the record is presented on its own clear 7” with separate artwork for the track..."  -- Did not come with any artwork AT ALL. Got an envelope with 4 pictures from the music video in it. Not artwork, and certainly not "for each track." Each record is a clear 7" with the same black and white center label encased in a cheap piece of thin plastic

"– with a signed note from Forrest included..." No note included. It's 1 cent cardboard beverage coaster with a signature on it

"You’ll never pick up a greater release. GOFORIT!" This was a terrible release. Not worth it in my opinion at all. Complete waste of money.

I feel like someone wrote up that description and started taking pre-orders before getting a quote from their pressing plant.

58 minutes ago, swb said:

I feel like someone wrote up that description and started taking pre-orders before getting a quote from their pressing plant.

Yeah, and I'm sick of this happening with this H O B B Y in particular. I don't know why they're always allowed to do things like this under the guise of "production issues", and we're just supposed to accept it. There are threads like this all the time. It's not at all what I paid for.

I'll be interested to see everyone else's thoughts on this once they get theirs... I'm willing to accept the fact I may just be an ass

Edited by backpackoat

This is super upsetting. As for how we shouldn't take this for what it is, I can almost guarantee a credit card dispute for not getting what you paid for would refund you. Not saying that's the way to go but from a more serious financial perspective it's totally not okay. I was considering the box set and I'm glad I didn't. I would have been really disappointed.

3 hours ago, backpackoat said:

I just got my box set in the mail. I am incredibly upset. Firstly, the way they packed this was loose in a much bigger box so it came SUPER damaged. So badly in fact, that USPS actually had a separate notification tacked onto it that it was received in bad condition. What didn't help was the fact that the packaging for the set is incredibly chincy to begin with. It's all kept together with a single piece of photo paper used as a band to keep all the 7 inches together. 

I'd email Alcopop about this. My box set hasn't come yet and if it's the same as what you got, I'm going to email for a solution. If it isn't what you ordered, they'd should be prepared to accept a return and refund, at the very least.

36 minutes ago, mmhmm said:

I'd email Alcopop about this. My box set hasn't come yet and if it's the same as what you got, I'm going to email for a solution. If it isn't what you ordered, they'd should be prepared to accept a return and refund, at the very least.

Got mine today.  INCREDIBLY upset.  10 weeks of delays, and absolutely nothing like what the description implied.  I sent them a furious email already.  What is everyone else doing about this?  $100?!?!?!?  Yeah f-in right.  Not #ed, no artwork, no note, no nothing.  Awfully packaged.  PISSED.

I am almost 100% certain the delay in receiving these was due to Alcopop having to wait on Forrest to send them the materials for the box set.  If the expectation was for a handwritten note from him, then it would appear a lot of this may have been out of their control.  It's not an excuse--they sure could've handled more of the art/materials side of this themselves, but if it's true it kind of makes sense.  

I will post pictures when I get back to my house tomorrow. I don't expect thing of value to come from emailing Alcopop, but let me know what you all hear. I paid with PayPal so I'll have to research tomorrow to see what the limits of that are. I've never once in my life filed a claim for anything, but this set is so stupid I think I'm gonna.