PO: Hellogoodbye - S'Only Natural

A Hellogoodbye thread is kind of funny.

A Hellogoodbye thread with an album title that uses “S’Only” is actually really funny.  (M’lady, <tips fedora>.)

But the abortion that is that deluxe edition is hilarious.  Holy shit.

Getting burned on $100 would frustrate me though, so I can’t say I’d find that terribly amusing if it were me.  I typically “just deal” with end products not living up to descriptions... but at that price, I’d probably find others in the same boat and make some noise about it.

I've asked for a 50% refund for my order.  The guy working customer service is super nice.  We'll see if they comply.  Otherwise, I told them upfront I'm filing a credit card/PayPal claim for item not received/item not as described.  AlcoPop offered me a $15 coupon TO USE IN THEIR STORE as a remedy.  Absolutely horrendous.

8 minutes ago, beta114 said:

I've asked for a 50% refund for my order.  The guy working customer service is super nice.  We'll see if they comply.  Otherwise, I told them upfront I'm filing a credit card/PayPal claim for item not received/item not as described.  AlcoPop offered me a $15 coupon TO USE IN THEIR STORE as a remedy.  Absolutely horrendous.

Wow, he offered me a 10 pound coupon...assuming that's around $15. I'm willing to outright return it for a full refund but thats an enormous pain in the ass having to pay to ship it back to the UK. Ugh. 

7 minutes ago, mmhmm said:

Wow, he offered me a 10 pound coupon...assuming that's around $15. I'm willing to outright return it for a full refund but thats an enormous pain in the ass having to pay to ship it back to the UK. Ugh. 

Yeah there's no way I'm dealing with that hassle,  haha.  Hopefully he'll have a satisfactory answer for me today.  Otherwise I'm going to go the PayPal route and see what they can do for me.  Keep me updated on your journey as well?

I don't have experience getting PayPal to assist on an order that was placed outside their 180 day window but I hope they offer some kind of help for delayed pre-order situations. If not, definitely contact your credit card company or bank and ask them if they can help you secure a replacement/return, since you received a 'not as described' item.

If they do honor a return, something to look into would be PayPal's return shipping program. The only time I used it, like in 2016, they covered up to $20-25 for returns on items paid with PayPal. I believe you have to opt-in before hand (google should help) but it's free and it will eat up most if not all the international shipping costs.

I'd normally just watch from the sidelines and make a personal note never to buy from this label ever again but, in this case, it seems their thought process was to bank on customers not wanting to deal with the hassle (rather than issue a refund ahead of time or be upfront about the changes) so I feel compelled to urge people to not give up immediately and exhaust your options for a return/refund. Some joint social media sharing feels appropriate too, considering their lack of a meaningful response.

16 minutes ago, swb said:

I don't have experience getting PayPal to assist on an order that was placed outside their 180 day window but I hope they offer some kind of help for delayed pre-order situations. If not, definitely contact your credit card company or bank and ask them if they can help you secure a replacement/return, since you received a 'not as described' item.

If they do honor a return, something to look into would be PayPal's return shipping program. The only time I used it, like in 2016, they covered up to $20-25 for returns on items paid with PayPal. I believe you have to opt-in before hand (google should help) but it's free and it will eat up most if not all the international shipping costs.

I'd normally just watch from the sidelines and make a personal note never to buy from this label ever again but, in this case, it seems their thought process was to bank on customers not wanting to deal with the hassle (rather than issue a refund ahead of time or be upfront about the changes) so I feel compelled to urge people to not give up immediately and exhaust your options for a return/refund. Some joint social media sharing feels appropriate too, considering their lack of a meaningful response.

This is extremely helpful --- thank you for your input and help!  Much appreciated.  I'll definitely be taking your advice here.

Edited by beta114

9 minutes ago, mmhmm said:

I've been given the option to return it for a full refund, and they'll cover the shipping costs, or keep it and take a 20 pound refund or a 30 pound store credit.  What would you do?

As someone who was just offered a 5% refund on $700 worth of trashed box sets (shipped with zero padding or protection, cases torn and ripped apart, records seem OK) from MusicVaultz AND told that they were doing me a favor by giving me a higher percentage than they normally offer, I'm of two minds. On one hand, that 20% refund is astronomically higher than MusicVaultz offers! What a deal! On the other, less sarcastic hand, we gotta send this stuff back and make the labels/companies eat that $$$. You can't do these kinds of things and have the consequence be slightly less of a decent profit. The consequence should be that you lose $$$ if you don't deliver what you advertise.

Edited by swb

Yeah, I'm going to return it.  Good reasoning, thanks guys.  Kinda wish I could keep it in my collection but I'm getting to the age where having a 10-disc 7" set to hold as I sleep and never listen to is just impractical.  Especially if the label who made it forgot a few key, basic elements that would've made it worth hanging onto.  Excited to get my $90 back.  

1 hour ago, mmhmm said:

I replied to an email chain I've had with Forrest for awhile and detailed what went down with the box set. Thought he might want to know in case he wasn't involved or aware of what happened.

Let us know how it goes!  I've got to assume he knows since he did "sign" a couple of freakin' coasters, haha.

Got a reply from Forrest...he wasn't involved and is bummed about how they turned out.  Said he'd make sure people get their money back.  I'm not sure what he means by that, so I asked for clarification as to whether we should all just work with Alcopop to send them back or if we should hang on to them.