Po: Twenty One Pilots - Triplet EP

New EP (album) is up for preorder at their official store

https://store.twentyonepilots.com

if you go to the eurostore, there is no vinyl, but shipping from the USA store is (as always with Warner) 9.99

Vinyl is a 10", they say triplet. don't know if they mean that there will be 3 songs on it (the released single) or 3 discs.

Could also be that the regular album will only be available on cd for now and the 10" is only the singles

"limited" to /40000

1100x1100-bundle9_1.png

will update once the actual album is up for PO

Edited by gazzo
title

40,000 really is pretty “limited” when you’re talking about a band that sells out arenas 8 months in advance of a show, and has such a fucking rabid fan base.

I mean, that is into consideration, the new Nothing record in it’s first pressing, is 10,000 units. That’s only a fourth of that. Not that crazy.

1 minute ago, MyEnemy said:

40,000 really is pretty “limited” when you’re talking about a band that sells out arenas 8 months in advance of a show, and has such a fucking rabid fan base.

I mean, that is into consideration, the new Nothing record in it’s first pressing, is 10,000 units. That’s only a fourth of that. Not that crazy.

I feel like the percentage of Nothing fans who regularly purchase music on vinyl is much greater than that percentage for Twenty One Pilots fans

1 minute ago, DecayToDeath said:

I feel like the percentage of Nothing fans who regularly purchase music on vinyl is much greater than that percentage for Twenty One Pilots fans

Not necessarily. Vinyl is really big wth the kids these days, if you haven’t heard. And it’s easier than ever for kids that are into this shit to buy records. I mean, if we were to have vinyl sales numbers for Blurryface, it would be fucking mind blowing.

I get what your saying, but I’m not sure you grasp how insanely dedicated this bands fans are and how many of them there are.

15 minutes ago, Tommy said:

My kids play the shit out of Twenty One Pilots,  the guys voice make me want to punch babies

40000 dear god have mercy

They're my youngest son's favorite band. We always listen to them in the car, and I ended up becoming a fan as a result. Now I just need to learn how to play Fortnite and he'll think I'm somewhat cool.

Edited by Shrekular Haze

32 minutes ago, MyEnemy said:

Not necessarily. Vinyl is really big wth the kids these days, if you haven’t heard. And it’s easier than ever for kids that are into this shit to buy records. I mean, if we were to have vinyl sales numbers for Blurryface, it would be fucking mind blowing.

I know this is entirely anecdotal but for what it's worth I was 15 when Blurryface came out and though a lot of my friends were really into Twenty One Pilots, none of them physically owned it

Just wanna share a little anecdote. My girlfriend's father is a lifelong musician and music lover. He's been playing for over 50 years. He saw Jimi Hendrix play a $0.50 matinee before he blew up. Went to all the big shows at the Filmore East in the late 60s early 70s. Met David Bowie and shit. Bought Pretty Hate Machine long before The Downward Spiral came out. Serious musician and fan.

About 2 years ago he wanted to show us "this really cool new band" and he put on 21 Pilots. We both laughed so hard we cried and he got really cranky about it. Unrelated but another time he was like "My metalhead friend showed me this really cool band" and then put on Haste the Day. I told him to find cooler metalhead friends. He made fun of me for going to see Thursday.

Edited by Bladewillisisdead

2 hours ago, Shrekular Haze said:

They're my youngest son's favorite band. We always listen to them in the car, and I ended up becoming a fan as a result. Now I just need to learn how to play Fortnite and he'll think I'm somewhat cool.

You're a good man. I tried to give my boys the benefit of the doubt but I just cant do it. I become a total dick when that music comes on

8 minutes ago, MyEnemy said:

No, it's not that. It's the fact that's I'm 15 years older than you are haha

The point I'm trying to make is that you're not old, I'm just abnormally young for being here. If you're 15 years older than me then you're still younger than a lot of VC's userbase, for what it's worth.

5 hours ago, NMachin said:

What gets me it the Vessel clear vinyl is still listed as Limited, they've been selling it for like 4 years

5 hours ago, MyEnemy said:

I get what your saying, but I’m not sure you grasp how insanely dedicated this bands fans are and how many of them there are.

On Discogs, between all pressings of Vessel (red trans. and clear trans. with two pressings each, standard black with one pressing), maybe 6000 people are listed as having the album. Not a definite figure of course, but nowhere near 40K.

I have been to virtually no record store that sells new, sealed records that doesn't have at least one copy of the clear version that's been there forever.

2|1|p's core demographic tends toward streaming and radio, not vinyl records. 

I'd bet there are at least 50K of that Vessels album. If 6,000 people took the time to click a button on a vinyl collecting site saying they own it, think about how many people didn't do that. And it's still for sale everywhere. 50K easily. 

40K of three songs that'll probably end up on the full-length vinyl? Straight up goofy.