Far - Water & Solutions: What Happened

yeah MIGHT get the 90 dollar one but I'm going to think on that for a day or 2. 

I saw him a few months back with Thursday and he was complaining about the SRC release and how the beginning of Bury White was missing one of the guitar chuds at the beginning and wanted to put something like this together.  Pretty cool but 10k jeez

Edited by Adam10647

3 minutes ago, MyEnemy said:

I know how everyone here hates “crowdfunding” projects. But he’s already halfway there, and I’m assuming the majority of the people who complain about this shit, don’t know how much money it takes to produce a record. #jussayin

Yeah I have no clue just seems like a lot. Not trying to shit on anyone just seemed like a lot to me. 

Im also well aware how bad bands from this era got fucked by the labels. 

Backed the bonus vinyl package. New update from Jonah this AM too:

So, I went to sleep, and we're already just about there somehow? Pretty sure I'm awake. Talk about a dreamy start to the tour (jonahmatranga.com/shows). 

Okay, since I'm in dreamland, let's dream some more. Let's dream about either making it to $18,000 or 360 people being a part of this, whichever comes first. If that happens, for anyone at $90 and up, I'll be able to afford gorgeous gatefold packaging for the vinyl, so you'll all get that. I've never gotten to design one of those myself, and it's been a dream of mine since I was a kid. AND, for everyone at every level, I'll also be able to afford a run of cool WS20-themed USBs to put all the music on. I have a design in mind for this project, so if 18 or 360 happens, I'll figure out how best to make it happen. I like USBs cos they're universal, the basic tech has stuck around for a little while and should do some more, they're durable, portable, and they encourage sharing stuff -- and they're cute AF. It'll be another sweet memento for what you are making a truly sweet project.

Anyone got any other ideas for further bonus rounds? Who knows where we can go? We do. 

Okay, off to the first show with a grateful, giddy heart. Seriously, it's beating fast. You did that. Thank you.

Love,
Jonah

39 minutes ago, jefftrotinger said:

Saw Jonah a few months back do the album with The Pauses, it was absolutely amazing. There were like 19 people there. Jonah was such a nice guy.

How was that show? He will be here later this month and was super excited until someone posted a video of Pauses. Oh god it was so awful. 

1 hour ago, Deathbyart said:

How was that show? He will be here later this month and was super excited until someone posted a video of Pauses. Oh god it was so awful. 

I didn’t see The Pauses set, I was at another show during their set. But as a backing band for Jonah, they were fine. The show was awesome. I recommend going.

Far has always been a favorite of mine.  Jonah did a house show for a friend of mine a few years back in his garage, it was pretty amazing.  The $90 option is going to sting a little, but not as much as the sting of not getting it, and seeing everyones packages arrive when the project is completed. 

• 3 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, Deathbyart said:

It met the goal, now I am wishing I went for the $90 for the gatefold LP. I only did the $36

I'm sure if you get in contact with Jonah by whatever means (social media/email), he'd be more than happy to let you switch it out and pay the difference. One of the most humble and genuine people in music -- and extremely approachable.

33 minutes ago, GhostTrail said:

I'm sure if you get in contact with Jonah by whatever means (social media/email), he'd be more than happy to let you switch it out and pay the difference. One of the most humble and genuine people in music -- and extremely approachable.

I posted a comment, hopefully I will get an answer. 

On 8/27/2018 at 7:15 AM, Deathbyart said:

It met the goal, now I am wishing I went for the $90 for the gatefold LP. I only did the $36

Since it hit the goal, I think all the vinyl will be gatefold, not just at the $90 mark? Maybe the extra vinyl at the $90 mark will also be a gatefold?  

Edited by sugareggs

• 3 months later...

Package arrived today! Unreleased Far stuff and demos on one transparent blue LP. W&S on the other LP. First note of Bury White is there.  He put a few up on his site if you missed out. 

https://jonahmatranga.bandcamp.com/merch

Here's a shit picture of the goods. 4hKSsl8_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

55 minutes ago, mucusoffmybrain said:

Package arrived today! Unreleased Far stuff and demos on one transparent blue LP. W&S on the other LP. First note of Bury White is there.  He put a few up on his site if you missed out. 

So does this version that I linked below include both W&S and the demos LP?  It's hard to tell what he is selling.  It sounds like it is only the demoes LP.  

https://jonahmatranga.bandcamp.com/merch/leftover-ws20-outtakes-gatefold-vinyl

59 minutes ago, BrainGilliams said:

So does this version that I linked below include both W&S and the demos LP?  It's hard to tell what he is selling.  It sounds like it is only the demoes LP.  

https://jonahmatranga.bandcamp.com/merch/leftover-ws20-outtakes-gatefold-vinyl

That is just the demos/unreleased stuff. They are separate. Here is Water & Solutions:

https://jonahmatranga.bandcamp.com/merch/leftover-diy-water-solutions-vinyl

Edited by mucusoffmybrain
a word

1 hour ago, mucusoffmybrain said:

That is just the demos/unreleased stuff. They are separate. Here is Water & Solutions:

https://jonahmatranga.bandcamp.com/merch/leftover-diy-water-solutions-vinyl

Huh. How did I not know he was doing a pressing of W&S and not just the demos/b-sides? Wouldn't have picked up one of the other W& S a while back that has Bury White cut off.

4 hours ago, mucusoffmybrain said:

Got the DIY handnumbered leftover, thanks!